Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

urine? really?
Posted by: vegangoddess ()
Date: July 25, 2007 04:59AM

I`ve heard so much about urine therapy. Has anyone tried it? Does it really help? I always thought of urine as something toxic as the body gets rid of it but supposedly it`s very healthy. I`d rather hear about it from someone on here and then try it..maybe.

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: urine? really?
Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: July 25, 2007 11:53AM

I do this in small amounts, and to be honest it's not something I talk about because people are usually like "Yuck, thats digusting!" etc.

But, I have to say it does improve the appearence of my skin. I just drink a very small amount with water, that way you don't really taste it. Try it out it certainly wont kill you especially small amounts. I drink lots of water and eat lots of fruit is very clear anyway.

A little known fact is that human urine is actually serille. Some say that it contains all the information about what is going wrong in your body and gives your defenses a "Map" if you will, others say ingesting it causes the Lymph glands to produce more helpfull healing agents. Some say it is the oldest medicinal therapy known to man.

I believe urine also contains B12!

Have a look at these links:

[biomedx.com] (for urine therapy)

[www.universal-tao.com] (for urine therapy)

[skepdic.com] (info for and against here, mostly against but decide for yourself)

lots more info if you google urine therapy

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/25/2007 12:08PM by jadedshade.

Posted by: Frannie ()
Date: July 25, 2007 12:58PM

I'm totally sold on it. I drink it and it tastes fine. When your diet is super clean it's like drinking water. I can always tell from my first urine in the morning if what I'm eating is causing any cleansing reaction.

I also use it topically and it's nothing short of miraculous. I use it as a skin lotion, and on cuts and bruises. My youngest had a huge wart on his toe a while ago and I put a bandage soaked in his urine covered in a plastic wrap on it every night for about 10 days. It completely disappeared. A few drops in the ear takes care of an earache. I apply it to rashes. When we were on holiday out in the sticks my eldest had a nasty looking infection under his foot where something got lodged under his skin. I put a urine bandage on it overnight (this time the urine was boiled down to a third of it's original volume, smelly but effective). When we took the bandage of it was covered in pus and the foreign object had come out. One of my dogs has a bad case of ear mite right now and I have been putting some of my own urine in her ear and it seems to be clearing up.

What I like most about it is the fact that you've always got your own medicine with you, no matter where you are and you never have to use chemical over the counter prescriptions again which for me goes hand in hand with eating raw.

Francis

Posted by: venusian ()
Date: July 25, 2007 07:42PM

yeah, I find it to be pretty amazing...and not bad tasting at all if your diet is clean.....it's kind of fun to dare the monkey mind to take the leap....

Date: July 26, 2007 10:21AM

I have only just started doing this regularly. I have been drinking a little in water before I go to bed and dabbing small amounts on my acne and blemishes and it is clearing up like I have never seen before!

All the money I spent on over the counter garbage, proactive etc and the answer was inside me the whole time! Wierd.

My skin hasn't looked this good since I did the master cleanser, that and raw foods have helped my skin but I have never seen anything work so quickly or dramatically as this, I seriously hope that upon continuing to do this, my skin problems will be gone for good this time.

Phil.

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 29, 2007 10:02PM

Read this:
[www.nexusmagazine.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2007 10:05PM by Little Dreamer.

Date: August 01, 2007 11:58AM

Good story.

Phil.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 10, 2007 05:43PM

Frannie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

When we were on holiday out in
> the sticks my eldest had a nasty looking infection
> under his foot where something got lodged under
> his skin. I put a urine bandage on it overnight
> (this time the urine was boiled down to a third of
> it's original volume, smelly but effective). When
> we took the bandage of it was covered in pus and
> the foreign object had come out.

I have an infected finger from a little accident. I started soaking it this morning in urine. This isn't the first time I've tried urine but maybe I need to persist longer. I was surprised to see that you boiled it, Fran, I don't want to do that for several reasons and am wondering if it's necessary.

But this infection came on quickly so I'll do whatever to get rid of it - two years ago I had one in the very same spot and it took almost two months to get rid of it - I never use antibiotics or bigpharm product, was using poultices, etc.

Do you use a rag to hold the urine in a urine bandage.... I don't think I can do this till I'm going to be alone!

Posted by: cricri ()
Date: August 24, 2007 12:54PM

If you drink it how much is recommended? I've heard about its properties before but only regarding skin repair. Drinking it always seemed kind of voodoo to me. But maybe why not? And surely my health needs a lot of improvement.

Date: August 24, 2007 04:31PM

I've tried drinking it, but to me, it just goes against nature, no matter how clean it is. I certainly didn't feel better,but only tried about 6 times.

I haven't noticed any benefits from using it externally either. It didn't help the finger infection though I tried it for two full days.

That's just my experience.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: September 04, 2007 11:24PM

I drink it,and use it as a shampoo,and my hair looks great! You can pour urine on your water,some drops in the morning and you'll feel fine.

Date: September 05, 2007 06:09AM

Why do some people find it perfect for everything and others find it's not good for anything?

Is some urine just inferior?

Date: September 05, 2007 12:24PM

I believe that if you have a vegetarian,vegan or raw food diet your urine doesn't smell and it is much pleasant. If you eat meat,your urine will smells very strongly.You have to get used to it. I heard it 5 years ago and took me a while to start to use and drinking it.At the beginnig I just put some drops on my water,but now I drink it very normally.I use in my face,and as a shampoo I really recommend.It is amazing!!!
I love this youtube message on urine,it is very educated.
[youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2007 12:27PM by cy.

Date: September 05, 2007 02:57PM

I've been raw for over 8 months this time and my urine is useless.

I tried it on my infected finger, but not till I left it alone did it heal.

I thought the urine might be pulling out toxins, but I found that theory didn't make sense. It healed quite quickly after I stopped using the urine and ignored it.

But I believe those who say it's the 8th Wonder for them.

I've found myself automatically using: saliva, mud or dirt (on stings) and anything growing green, when I have a wound. I rubbed soft leaves on my wounds even as a child.

Date: September 05, 2007 08:41PM

WOW !! I'll try some leaves on my urine.I use MSM on my urine as a shampoo.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables