Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

candida?
Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: July 29, 2007 08:30PM

hi everyone...i need some help!

i just finished the Master Cleanse and started a juice fast today.

when i began the MC i noticed a white coating on my tongue appear which is still there. i assumed it was from the detoxification process.

i have had this white coating and scalloped edges on my tongue before. it was a problem for about 3 years. i went to some doctors who thought it was thrush and put me on antibiotics, which didn't work. i went to an oral surgeon who said that he thought it was migratory glossits (geographic tongue) and wanted to prescribe steriods to put on my tongue. i wasn't going to try that!

so that is when i started experimenting with more raw foods and noticed that it did not flare up on a 100% raw food diet, which i did for about 4 months. when i started to add cooked foods (especially acidic foods like cooked tomato sauce) or procesed foods back in my diet, the coating and scalloped edges would appear.

i was at the health food store today and i was telling the owner about the coating on my tongue from detoxing on the MC. he thought it was not detoxification but that it sounded like candida and wanted to start me on some Candex pills. i've heard of people with problems with candida but i just assumed it had to do with yeast infections, which i haven't had in a long time.

is there a test to see if you have candida? could the coating just be detoxification? any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated!

lotusblossom

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: candida?
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: July 30, 2007 12:40AM

the coated tounge thing...that will happen in periods of light eating and/or fasting...I would not sweat it. The odds of fasting through it until tounge is clear..is unlikely in peoples early cleansing stages IMHO.

deffinetly eschew antibiotics and steriods, for the obvious reasons, but also the reason they 'work' with thrush is because the extreme detox of the 'trush' is halted by the intro of new crap to deal with.

the test, I assume would be if you had symptoms that you knew were candidia...i'm sure there are other approaches...but like I said above...I would not sweat it. then if you discovered there was a problem..I would research both sides (the fat and sugar camps) of the candida issue.

Re: candida?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 31, 2007 11:55PM

EVERYONE gets that white coated tongue on the MC and usually with juice fasting too. Except me because I brush it off when I brush my teeth.

Read some posts on the MC forum at www.curezone.com and the official MC forum www.themastercleanse.com

Candida is possible, but I wouldn't say the coated tongue is a sure sign you definitley have it. Try the spit test:
[www.candidasupport.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables