Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Detnal Work
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 07, 2007 02:06PM

I will be having some dental work done in the next few weeks or months (I'm on a waiting list under Massachusetts' free dental care) and I have pretty darn good teeth considering I haven't had any work done on them over the years. I have one tooth that's got a cavity, however. It doesn't hurt, but I have a feeling they'll want to drill it to death and probably will want to do a root canal. I don't mind the filling; I just am opposed to having any root canals. Anybody here had any luck getting a dentist to fill your cavities without doing root canals?

And of those of you who have had root canals, did you notice any particular changes in your general well-being afterward? I'm wondering how bad it really is to have one or two root canals. Dr. Mercola says all kinds of awful things about it.

My husband was able to talk a dentist into just filling a cavity and not doing the root canal a few years ago, and that tooth is just fine. I know a raw foodist in California who has found a dentist who fills his cavities without doing root canals, as well. I suspect finding someone who is willing to do it 'my way' will be the exception rather than the rule, however, and I can't afford to go to a 'natural' dentist-- they generally don't take HealthNet customers.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Detnal Work
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 07, 2007 05:09PM

i dont see any reason for them to not just fill it rather then root canal it .. a root canal costs them more time anyways .. id ask before your appointment .. or send them an email if possible and if they dont want to do it your way then maybe ask for another dentist on the list? smiling smiley

theres really no reason for them to do a root canal if you are not in any pain

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: Detnal Work
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 07, 2007 05:46PM

I was curious about this so I just called my dentist's office (biological dentistry, we've been going over 15 years and trust them).
They just told me that they didn't used to perform root canals due to the danger of bacteria in the tiny nerves.
Recently they started performing them using ozone therapy - they clean the area with ozone, which the dentists trained for in Germany.

Sharrhan, I hope you can find a way around this - maybe knowing how deep the cavity is will help with the decision. Good luck.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables