Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

colonic question..
Posted by: ezrac3isb ()
Date: August 11, 2007 09:39PM

hi, this question is for anyone who has done a series of colon hydrotherapy sessions before.. I am 20 years old and 80% raw for about one month, primarily vegetarian for a year prior. Most people do four to six sessions the first time around, but at seventy to one hundred dollars per session I want to make sure that each session is really benefitting me. You can understand..

So far I have done two sessions, each on a saturday at around 11 am, no food or drink that morning. The standard machine has a clear tube that displays the water and toxins that you are eliminating so you can monitor the ratio of waste to water. My ratio is only about 1:5, and I wonder if this 20 percent waste is simply from yesterday's meals. Is this water-dominant response to be expected?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: colonic question..
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 21, 2007 11:49PM

I don't know about a 'ratio'...

but to get more for your buck..you can always eat very light or even do juice fasting days or weeks before a treatment. there will inevitably be more toxic accumulation then. or do a an extended fast while doing treatments in between (If I had tons of cash/ time off...this is certainly what I would be doing)

personally I don't think anyone needs to rush into such a thing and these ideas that one just needs to get a series of treatments until they are squeaky clean...and can go about eating raw in peace...are..um naive.

its certainly helpful at all levels IMO but not necessary (for younger healthier folks anyway) in transitioning to 100% raw. Your cells probably have not expelled all that much gunk yet and you are just getting at the more recent accumulation, I suspect

it could be your thoughts...

[www.writerwriterwriter.com]
[www.lulu.com]

short and sweet....and DEEP

_____________________________________________________ ...and FREE

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:40PM

I did a series of 12 colonics, and if I were to do them today, I'd do the parasite cleanse I'm on at the same time. I would do seasonal colonics now, 4 per year.

You might ask your hydrotherapist those questions about ratio. I'd also take a probiotic while doing the series of colonics along with the parasite cleanse.

I'm glad I did my series of colonics, but I'm REALLY glad to be doing the parasite cleanse, along with enemas on occassion.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 23, 2007 12:38AM

I don't know the answer to your question, but I'm not convinced mine were very beneficial. I like the idea of doing the cleanse at the same time, as Prism mentioned. I think I would reconsider since money is being spent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables