Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Menstral Pain
Posted by: islandgirl ()
Date: August 13, 2007 03:59PM

Any homepathic or other remedies for menstral pain? I hate having to take pain relievers, especially since being on the raw diet. It seems counterproductive, but I really can't function without them.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Menstral Pain
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 13, 2007 05:16PM

what about exercise? i find when i`m exercising the cramps get better
patty

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 13, 2007 05:39PM

When I was on a cooked diet and having bad menstral cramps, the only thing that helped...in fact eliminated them, was supplements. I think I referred to the Balch's nutrition book and took Vit E and calmag, but took quite a bit, not the amount recommended on the bottle. Within two months all the cramps were gone - I was painfree.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: August 13, 2007 06:35PM

my first period on raw was the worst one of my life. probably some sort of detox going on. i was just about 1 month raw. i was in so much pain. luckily, i was not working at the time so i was able to just "stick it out". i took alot of long hot baths and drank alot of different types of tea with honey.

i was in tears with pain for about 2 days and headaches were unbarable.

after that, my 2nd period on raw was like almost nothing. it was the first time in my life i did not have excruciating cramps.

and my 3rd was the same. even better.

and my flow has decreased dramatically with each one.

so, island girl, i hope that you can have some time off and just try to sleep it out. take hot baths and tea really helped me. it was all worth it. if you stay raw, you will see what i mean.

i hope you feel better. winking smiley

i know how you feel.

Date: August 14, 2007 12:56PM

I already walk 6 miles a day, so I think that is sufficinet exercise. I'm just trying to prepare for what is coming in the next couple of days, hoping that I can get through it without any drugs. I've been crampy for about a week now although my breasts have not swollen which is a positive change. Last month, for the first time in my whole entire female life, I had a 28 day cycle with no real PMS but the pain was still pretty severe for about 3 days.

I tried some chamomile tea this morning with some orange juice. I'm just concerned about the chamomile making me sleepy, but we'll see what happens. I'm open to tea...just not sure what kind to try.

Thanks.

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: August 14, 2007 03:35PM

islandgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I already walk 6 miles a day, so I think that is
> sufficinet exercise.

wow! yes, you definately do
patty

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: August 14, 2007 06:47PM

island girl, i feel for you! i am so sorry you have to go through that. i always thought i had the worst period in the world, but it sounds actually like you do!

i really really hope you feel better and please know that i am sending alot of positive energy your way! i know what i go through during my period but i can not imagine going through this the week before and then for 3 whole days! wow. i am so sorry.

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: August 15, 2007 09:02AM

Hi islandgirl

Are you getting lots of vit C? That's supposed to help... also, are you checking your nutr. intake on fitday to make sure you're getting adequate iron etc?

Pre-vegan, I had horrible periods- leaking, fatigue, curl-up-in-a-ball cramps etc. Since I've been vegan (a long time now, under 10 years), I've been fine (though going SAD-style vegan screwed things up a bit). I've been high raw a good few months now, and things are great! I've been on the green smoothies on this week, and on the 2nd day of my period, I realised I actually felt better and had toones of energy- more so than when I wasn't on my period smiling smiley

Date: August 15, 2007 03:07PM

Thanks rawnoggin...yeah I monitor on fit day...and I take supplements right now too, just to be on the safe side. I tried some chamomile tea yesterday. It actually helped with the cramping, but made me really sleepy. I read on a website yesterday to try raspberry leaf so I'm headed to the health food store today to see what I can find, either in the form of capsules or tea.

Date: August 18, 2007 05:15PM

Well, I'm still waiting to see what is going to happen this month. Nothing yet except cramps. Thurs. & Fri. they were pretty intense. On Fri. I had 5 servings of herbal raspberry tea that has the raspberry & raspberry leaf in the ingredients. I seaped 2 tea bags, let it cool and had it in my morning smoothie, then I had the othe 3 just with water like tea. In about an hour the cramps were gone and I haven't had any since then (right now its mid-morning, Sat.) So I made some more to have on hand today, just in case.

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: August 22, 2007 03:16PM

I find a natural herbal called Dong Quai helps me!

Date: August 22, 2007 11:30PM

thanks...I'll try it next time around.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables