Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Killing of California Almonds
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 23, 2007 10:18PM

Mike Adams, the main force behind NewsTarget, is a pretty trustworthy source and I've learned to trust his newsletter. I think he's a raw foodist; I know for sure he eats a lot of raw food.

The Killing of California Almonds (and why dead foods lead to dead people)
[www.newstarget.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Killing of California Almonds
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 04, 2007 05:10AM

thanks kwan
excellent, humorously written and on the target article by the health ranger

he hit it right on the nose

buy local, buy organic, grow own stuff

Re: The Killing of California Almonds
Posted by: Kit ()
Date: September 23, 2007 10:02AM

Hello kwan,

When I was a kid there were still many old orchards and vineyards around where I lived. Many were producing but no longer maintained.

There was a field right down the street full of almond trees. I used to play there and collected almonds by the bag. I liked watching the stages of flowering with bees, the velvety light green covers on them that eventually split open and then the pitted almond shells inside.

Most of the almonds fell to the ground uneaten. I would eat many there and had tons more to take home for free. Ahh, wouldn't it be good to have them today.

Those areas have been paved over and remaining areas are headed that way. So much food production land in California is not used for food anymore. People all around town used to put up little cardboard signs indicating produce for sale. You could pop in for fresh corn etc. all summer. Sigh, not so much anymore. I miss that.

Thanks for the article.

Kit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables