Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Doug Grahams vegsource board
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: August 25, 2007 08:51PM

There are a couple places that I go back to on occassion, forgetting the main reason I quit going in the first or 5th place. Doug's vegsource board is one that frustrates the heck out of me. He's got all those pop-up ads, and junk food ads plastered all over his board site.

The other is Nora's yahoo group..she's got raw school website which is excellent, but the yahoo group is so slow. She has to ok all posts before they go on, and it takes some time. I unsubcribed this time, so I don't forget yet again and go back.

I appreciate this website for it's support from all you knowledgeable people and the ads are in the spirit of raw foods, very appropriate!

It's too bad about Doug's site though, since I bought his book it would be nice to discuss it with other's that follow the diet.

Anyway..that's my rant for the week! I do like Doug's book 80/10/10 and I love Nora's website Rawschool.com

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Doug Grahams vegsource board
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 25, 2007 09:10PM

i just dont like DG's forum format he uses, i find it clumsy and difficult to navigate

again like you ... i findit too bad as there is some good conversations going onsmiling smiley

maybe he needs to be brought into the new century lol ..that forum format is very outdated smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: August 26, 2007 02:09AM

yes, this is the only forum I find readable/navigatable, and flushed with less disinformation or discreditation of ideas.

it could be your thoughts...

[www.writerwriterwriter.com]
[www.lulu.com]

short and sweet....and DEEP

_____________________________________________________ ...and FREE

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 26, 2007 02:12AM

besides ..john the admin reminds of me of charlie of charlie's angels .. ya never see him ..just hear from him time to time winking smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 08, 2007 03:03AM

If you want to read Doug Graham's vegsource forum without all the popups, and animated advertisements, here's how you do it:

On Windows:

1. use Firefox,
2. Under the Tools menu, open the Option... window.
3. Go to the Content tab
4. Turn off "Enable JavaScript" and "Load images automatically"
5. Next to the "Load images automatically" control, there is a button called "Exceptions...". Click that to bring up a window.
6. In the "Address of website" text field, type www.vegsource.com
7. Click the Allow button. Then click the Close button

When you are finished reading vegsource, go back to the Options... window, and turn on "Enable JavaScript" and "Load images automatically".

On a Macintosh also use Firefox. The "Options..." window is called "Preferences...", but other than that, everything else is the same. If you use the OmniWeb browser, they have per website preferences, and you don't need to switch these preferences everytime to go to or leave vegsource.

Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: September 15, 2007 05:46AM

Yeah, I also have enjoyed reading some of the threads on Doug's site. But it seems to me that his is one of many sites on a larger site. I feel there must be better choices than vegsource.com but .... I suppose it's cheap. The price, I mean. Yeah, lots of advertising. And you notice that every time you click something, there's a long pause before what you want to see comes up. I imagine that's so you will gaze at the advertising. I suppose advertisers pay more to place ads on a site that has this lag time. It's annoying.

So I am real pleased to have Bryan's input. I did it and went through the whole page of threads in a fairly short time. I didn't read all of the posts. I just looked at the ones that I thought might be good for me to read. But even just that much was a lot. And I'd'a never done it if I hadn't done what Bryan said to do. So thanks Bryan.

There's really lots of good information on there. I just subscribed also so we'll see what that's like.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables