Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Have you heard about hCG ?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: September 04, 2007 11:36PM

Have you heard about "human chorionic ganodotropin ? A hormone produced in pregnancy,in the placenta that makes you loose weight?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Have you heard about hCG ?
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 05, 2007 06:10AM

No, but I'll bet there's some in urine.....urine has nearly everthing, doesn't it?

Maybe no one has looked for it there yet.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: September 05, 2007 07:15AM

never heard of it, but would like to know more. i dont need to lose weight but this interests me anyway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2007 07:15AM by pihourova.

Date: September 05, 2007 12:19PM

This is known for a long time in Europe,in fact a French doctor found it and now it is here in US.They say it makes a part of your brain functions diferent and starts to making you thinner. I don't know too much about it,but I would like to see if anyone had try it. The vitamins are very expensive,about $300,00 .

Date: September 05, 2007 02:58PM

Cy, are you trying to lose weight ?

Date: September 05, 2007 08:04PM

oh, yes. i saw this. they tested it on rats. i remember seeing it on discovery channel. the rats were given the same diet and not allowed to exercise. but the rats who were given this hormone did not gain weight, while the others became obese.

i think they also tested another hormone that is released in people who are not obese and those who are. i can not remember the name of the specific hormone, but the rats who were given this hormone stayed normal weight, and those who were not became obese.

it was like 3 years ago i saw this. i do not think it is only to do with a pregnancy hormone. but i know that some people produce a higher amount of this than others. i will try to find references and then i will get back to you guys.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/05/2007 08:07PM by pihourova.

Date: September 05, 2007 08:50PM

Aquadecoco,I do want to loose weight. I'm 145 now and my normal weight (the one that I want )is 138 to 135. I gain practically 10 pounds eating a huge amount of fruit trying to following the 8/10/10 diet,but I think that I did too much.I was on vacation and did NOT exercise (huge mistake).Now I'm trying to get in shape again.
My husband heard about this hormone and told me.I am a little curious about it .
Looks like it changes a part of your brain that deals with gaining/loosing weight.

Pihourova,thanks a lot.If you could find more information I would appreciate.

Date: September 05, 2007 09:05PM

i will definitely try to find some info for you tomorrow, but of course, you probably know that you do not need any supplements or external hormone injections to lose weight. just exercise, raw vegan living, rest, water, and of course time and patience and endurance and motivation, anywhere you can find it!

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 06, 2007 02:03AM

personally, i wouldn`t mess with hormones. my sister is fighting ovarian cancer and i wonder sometimes if it could`ve been triggered by the depro provera shots she did for many years. i`m voting a solid no on any hrt or anything that screws with our natural makeup. raw foods and exercise will cause you to shed a natural amount of weight smiling smiley just my 2 cents
patty

Date: September 06, 2007 01:18PM

Thanks Pihourova and Dewey. Yes,I'll have patience,and rest. Maybe what I need is rest,a little emotional rest. I'm too stressed out. I went on a wrong path when I did try to do the 811 diet that is practically fruits. Didn't work for me at all. I was so good on my raw vegetables,some nuts and some dehydrated foods,shakes and smoothies.Well,live and learn. Too much fruit for me made me streesed out and gain 10 pounds in just a month,do you believe that? Like you said Pihourova,I need some exercise,rest and patience.I did come back to my raw food way of living,and I'm walking 1 hour a day.

But,for curiosity,if you could find something about the hCG hormone,that will be good.You are completly wright Dewey,we shouldn't mess with anything outside our bodies.

Date: September 06, 2007 01:30PM

[www.medhelp.org]

[www.medhelp.org]

[buy.hcg.norxshop.com]

[www.extique.com]

Sorry, i dont know how to find the documentary i watched on discovery channel. but these websites looked interesting. not sure how accurate any of it is though. hope this helps you make a more informed decision. the last link looked like it had the most info about hormones and weight in general.

good luck!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2007 01:32PM by pihourova.

Date: September 06, 2007 04:04PM

Cy parsley is supposed to be extra helpful for women - I've been using a lot in smoothies and feel better.

Can't remember what it helps, but several things - probably weight cuz it helps balance hormones with its minerals or something.

Yeah I can't do fruit at all yet - and I'm stressed too - that really messes up body functions, doesn't it!

Date: September 07, 2007 05:38PM

So does Aquadecoco,I can have 3 fruit day maximum.if I eat more I get so hiper,stressed out,just weird. If I eat veggies I'm ok,calm,concentrated,completly on focus with evrything. My body can not deal with too much fruit.
Thanks for the advise,I'll eat much more parsley now.

And thanks for the sites Pihourova.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/07/2007 05:48PM by cy.

Date: September 08, 2007 11:03PM

cy Wrote:
Didn't work for
> me at all. I was so good on my raw vegetables,some
> nuts and some dehydrated foods,shakes and
> smoothies.Well,live and learn.

exactly that smiling smiley no mistake, just a learning process smiling smiley i`ve dropped inches just by not eating processed stuff and trying to be as raw as i can. for once i haven`t been a fanatic about having to lose pounds and pushing and starving and weighing and over doing exercise and all that other stuff we do just to get the number we want to see. i went mostly raw and ate whatever i felt like eating and i walked on my treadmill at a good pace for 30 minutes and different incline percentages and it`s coming off and i`m not killing myself. it`s easy to maintain and i feel great! keep on keepin on and if you didn`t try different things you wouldn`t know what works for you smiling smiley
patty

Date: September 09, 2007 07:52AM

very well said patty. i completely agree. i went through the same thing. that is what i love about raw, after the transition phase, after detox, you just dont even think about it. which to me, proves that this is the way we were meant to eat. winking smiley

Date: September 09, 2007 07:37PM

pihourova Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
which to me, proves
> that this is the way we were meant to eat. winking smiley

my thoughts exactly friend smiling smiley
my only regret is that i didn`t listen to my intuition and do it years ago...but better late than never right?
patty

Date: September 09, 2007 10:01PM

I believe that "later" is better because now we are doing things with a purpose.
I would love that my mother had told me about raw and had thought me a raw way of life,but she didn't know it and I had to learn and do it.
You are completly right Patty,I'll keep on a raw life and I'll forget any kind of number on my scale. That number thinking is a hell on earth way of living.
I want the natural,heaven like raw way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables