Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

THIS IS VERY, VERY GOOD, HOPEFUL NEWS!
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 08, 2007 03:27PM

This is major! I've been trying for several weeks now, with the help of 'Suncloud' (Alice), to either validate or disprove the assertions of the Natural Solutions Foundation and other so-called experts about irradiation of produce being mandatory under Codex Thanks to Alice's research into the Codex documents, it came to my attention that there was not much mention of irradiation at all. So what was up with all these dire pronouncements from Rima Laibow of Natural Solutions, and other anti-Codex advocates? Finally, today I received this e-mail from Scott Tipps, attorney for the Natural Health Foundation, which is an eminently trustworthy group that participates as an NGO in the Codex proceedings, with Scott personally attending many of them. Scott says:

This is another one of those urban myths about Codex commonly promoted by the Natural Solutions Foundation (increasingly called the Natural Problems Foundation). There is no basis for this claim - at least yet. I am surprised that this was somehow left in the Codex article - I believe this came from C.G.'s material and, unfortunately, he seems to give too much credence to the error-ridden crap coming out of the Natural Problems Foundation.

Perhaps I should re-read this article to eliminate all of the errors that might still be in there. This is disturbing as I had thought we had done this.

I hope this helps, and I am very glad that Sharrhan picked this up.

Best wishes,
Scott

----- Original Message -----
To: Cheri Tips ; Scott C Tips ; Sharrhan Williamson
Sent: Saturday, September 08, 2007 1:23 PM
Subject: >Codex Alimentarius requires irradiation of food

Hi Scott, Sharrhan Williamson wrote the following -- can you please provide the source for this claim? - D

>Codex Alimentarius requires irradiation of food at the time of harvesting or butchering.<

SW: I've been trying to find where in the Codex standards that irradiation is mandated or detailed. Haven't found anything to date, and my friend Alice, who is an irradiation activist in Hawaii, wrote 3 or 4 times to Casey at Natural Solutions (the same Casey mentioned in your article), asking her to validate some of her more strong assertions, and Casey never replied. We're both trying really hard to find real evidence of the things we're hearing about Codex, but when we go to the actual Codex website and look at the documents, there's nothing very telling or alarming there at all. It's all very cut and dried, businesslike, boring and non-threatening, as far as I can see.

Please note his statement, "There is no basis for this claim - at least yet." The fact that Codex has not yet mandated irradiation doesn't mean that we are off the hook yet, but it does look quite hopeful. I will now write back to Scott and ask him some more questions, specifically about the wild claims for lethal pesticides being brought back and mandated, for the incredibly stringent allowances for supplements, and a few other issues.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: THIS IS VERY, VERY GOOD, HOPEFUL NEWS!
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 08, 2007 04:36PM

Wow, that's great work Sharrhan!

I feel much better, was feeling hopeless about such stupidity!

Yer da bombe!

Re: THIS IS VERY, VERY GOOD, HOPEFUL NEWS!
Posted by: Kit ()
Date: September 23, 2007 10:08AM

Off the hook no, but hopeful yes, as you say.

Kit

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables