Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

menopause - the positive side??
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: September 10, 2007 04:38PM

hello
approaching the menopause, being 46, periods already more and more infrequent, i'm wondering if anyone has anything positive to say about this particular stage in life? physical as well as mental. all i hear and read is negative stuff, i would be very grateful for any positive feedback.
thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: menopause - the positive side??
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: September 11, 2007 12:46AM

debbie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hello
> approaching the menopause, being 46, periods
> already more and more infrequent, i'm wondering if
> anyone has anything positive to say about this
> particular stage in life? physical as well as
> mental. all i hear and read is negative stuff, i
> would be very grateful for any positive feedback.
> thanks!
imo not having a period and cramping is THE best thing in the world! I can`t wait!! i also think that one is more grounded and comfortable in their skin when/by the time they reach this age. i`m not quite there yet agewise....i`m 42
patty

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 11, 2007 03:15AM

I lost weight in my hips and 'pear' area when I was post-menopause, and without all that extra estrogen in me I became much more grounded and content. I didn't lose any energy, and although I see some minor differences in my body and face, I'm pleasantly surprised not to have turned into a matronly lump. My love life hasn't changed much either-- hubby still thinks I'm 'hot.'

Don't worry-- menopause is't that bad if you're raw, you're active and you have some form of psycho-spiritual practice. That's my take on it, anyway.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 11, 2007 05:16PM

thanks for your advice kwan! nice to hear something good about it!

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: September 11, 2007 09:46PM

KWAN....wtf???? you are post meno? you dont even look 40. i am impressed. even more motivation for me to stay raw and healthy, inside and out. and i think your amazing spirit and attitude must have alot to do with it too.

you are officially added to my list of heros.

Date: September 11, 2007 11:14PM

<huge smile from ear-to-ear>

Really!?!? I don't even look 40? Wow, thank you, Pilhourova! I'm not sure if I'm really youthful as much as just immature. ;-p

<hugs>

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 16, 2007 10:17AM

seriously. you do not look even 40. wow.

Date: September 16, 2007 03:24PM

Thanks, Pilhourova. I'm 58. I took that picture about 4 mo. ago; it was a 'lucky' pic. You know, out of 15 photos, one will look just right, and you reject the rest. This was that one. ;-p

I think I started going through peri-menopause when I was about 48 or so. By 2003 I was pretty much 'over it.'

As a side note, recently I've started working (playing, I should say) a lot more with joy and gratitude-- being grateful for what I have and not thinking about what I don't like about myself or my life-- to accelerate rejuvenation, youthfulness, optimal health and fulfillment.

Fall seems to always be my time to introspect, reassess and make changes in the way I go about doing things.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 16, 2007 03:48PM

my dad is visiting me from usa, he lives there now, and i showed him your pic. he thinks you are being dishonest, because you are the same age as him and he looks way different.

i told him that if he would adapt this lifestyle maybe he could look as good as you. and then he would see it is possible.

he replied that kwan can say anything she wants, he does not believe it.

i thought that might make you feel good, because you are like so unbelievably youthful looking for your age that brainwashed, sad eatters like my dad can not even believe it!!!!!

but i know you well enough through our post to know its true!

you are officially one of my heros!!!!

Date: September 17, 2007 01:02PM

Hi pihourova,

Ha ha! That's cute. I'm just trying to imagine it: a 40-something female saying she's almost 20 years older than she is. Uh-uh, it's just not going to happen, not in this culture anyway. ;-p

If he met me and saw the slightly 'crepe'-y skin on my arms he'd believe me. Well, I won't try to convince him.

Yes, I'm flattered as all get out!... thanks! (That's the first time I've been flattered to be called a liar!) <grins>

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 17, 2007 03:32PM

ha ha! lol! yes, well put. in this case, it is a great compliment to be called a liar! i love you kwan!!! me and my dad are having a laugh now. he says he is not so great with ladies anyway. winking smiley lol!

Date: September 21, 2007 07:08AM

hello again
one more thing, sorry to seem so ignorant!, how long does the menopause last? any other symptoms to expect apart from hot flushes and periods stopping? like i find that i'm really snacking a lot, do food cravings become more freauent?
thanks and yes kwan you do look amazing! how long have you been raw?

Posted by: marnacla ()
Date: September 22, 2007 10:11PM

Kwan, you look great! A few years ago my periods just stopped....no symptoms. Well I'm 52 and it has started again as regular as can be. I think it's the wheatgrass and other greens I take for energy to run. I'm not willing to give that up so I guess I'll have to live with the periods for awhile longer (not much longer I hope.) smiling smiley

Date: September 23, 2007 04:08AM

debbie--
The length of menopause can vary. I think it took me almost 10 years from peri-menopause to post-menopause though. I had hot flashes when I was on a Paleo diet during the beginnings of menopause, but later when I was raw I didn't have any problems. It's hard to tell how things would have been different if I'd been raw throughout the whole experience. I ate a little more and was more moody, yes, for awhile; and when I was post-menopause I noticed I had a lot more freedom from both symptoms. It's so nice not to get bloated or cranky once a month, too!

marnacla--
Thanks! I went through something similar, with my periods coming and going in my early 50s. It's so nice not having to worry about THAT anymore. ;-p

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 23, 2007 06:19PM

One positive aspect, if you are having in night or day sweats your body will take advantage of that and detox through the sweat.

I took 5 mg of DHEA, btw, every other day for a year and that got me through my menopause symptoms.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables