Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Bloating
Posted by: Peony ()
Date: September 20, 2007 02:03AM

Hi - Lovely subject, I know... But since going back to about 98% raw after falling off the wagon for about a year, I seem to be bloating a lot. Also with this is a sharp pain in my gut, made much worse by pressing hard on my belly button. (That's the vacinity of the sharp pain.) Has anyone ever had this and is it just gas or could there be something else going on, like with the pancreas or something?

I know everyone says this, but even cooked, my diet was at least 60-70% raw, and I am mostly vegan. Would really love to hear your thoughts. Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bloating
Posted by: Kit ()
Date: September 23, 2007 10:45AM

Hi Peony,

I don't know how to address bloating specifically other than that people on here say it's often related to food combining.

As for the pain well, doing lots of physical work has taught me something. Worrisome aches and pains can occur that can make me wonder if I'm completely fallling apart physically, maybe it's some frightening condition!

A little time passes and it works itself out. What I mean is the body is amazing. It's not always as bad as it seems.

Please understand I'm not belittling your pain, just letting you know what I have found to be comforting to me.

Kit

Date: September 23, 2007 03:41PM

Thanks Kit. I probably am overreacting - and then worrying about it will just make it worse! I am just monitoring the situation but I think it will be OK.

I am actually a pretty strict food combiner (even when food is cooked) so that wouldn't be it.

Thanks again for your kind thoughts!

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 23, 2007 06:22PM

If it's a sharp pain, I would think going to a doctor would be a safe thing to do to rule out anything acute.

Other than that, probiotics and enzymes might help.

Date: September 23, 2007 11:59PM

Thanks Karen - great minds... I just went to Whole Foods and bought some probiotics! I don't think it's acute - it comes and goes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables