Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ear ache/ PAIN... help?
Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: September 24, 2007 03:45AM

Hello.
I have usually a handful of ear infections a year due to a condition (preferrated eardrums at birth that never closed/healed even after 3 surgeries)
I have in the past taken antibiotics when symptoms started occurring. I don't really know why the infections happen so frequently other than maybe some water gets trapped after a shower or since the eardrum is not closed it is more susceptible.
Ear doctors have recommended more surgery to fix it otherwise infections are likely to keep occurring. Right now I don't have the down-time or the money to do so.
Anyhow, since becoming more conscious of what goes into my body I decided to avoid antibiotics as much as possible.
But tonight, I have PAIN in my ear from I presume another infection which began a few days ago.
I'm scared because I've heard stories of people's eardrums rupturing after leaving an infection untreated.

Should I take the antibiotic? Or is there an alternative?? I was hoping it would go away/heal itself but the pain has only gotten worse today. =(
Any advice appreciated, Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ear ache/ PAIN... help?
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 24, 2007 04:11AM

I would say take the antibiotics this time around, along with some probiotics and then look into some preventative approaches for next time. You definitely don't want your eardrums to burst.

You might want to search curezone.com for information on ear infections.

Re: Ear ache/ PAIN... help?
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 24, 2007 05:32AM

You should go with your instincts. I agree with karennd, because it might be much better to improve your health before testing your immunity right now.

I felt it was right for me to give up antibios many years ago and for a few years afterward I would get bad flus with high temps (105) and near delirium, but I felt completely safe without treatment other than bedrest. If I had felt really worried, I would have sought med. help.

You've had 3 unsuccessful surgeries for it and they want you to have another??

Could you wear special earplugs in the shower for the next few years to prevent them, while you rebuild your immunity?

In the meantime, my condolences - they HURT!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables