Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is mouthwash ok?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 24, 2007 04:55PM

Ok, I know mouthwash may have it's problems since it contains alcohol, BUT it kills certain germs that cause cavities. Brushing and flossing really aren't enough (well maybe they are if you don't eat sugar, but I unfortunately still do) so I have to have something to kill those germs.

This guy, who is an independent scientist/researcher has an interesting article on fighting cavities, and recommends mouthwash.
[www.xenophilia.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is mouthwash ok?
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 24, 2007 05:53PM

If you want to use it, go for it! You'll find data to back up anything you want to trust.

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: September 24, 2007 06:32PM

I have family in dentistry and they all say the same general thing: Mouthwash is pretty much a scam. The germs that it is killing is just a temporary fix and they are going to be in your mouth no matter what, they come back as soon as the mouthwash is done rinsing out. Brushing and flossing alone is enough to keep your teeth healthy =)

Germs should not be a worry... sometimes there are good germs, too... they are there for a reason. If you're eating a lot of sugar you should just brush after eating and then the bed germs won't even have time to accumulate.

Maybe all-natural mouthwash from the health food store could be a compromise... they are probably alcohol free and less harsh, in my opinion alcohol is unnecessary and can be harsh on the gums and teeth and make them more prone to sensitivity.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: September 24, 2007 06:52PM

You might want to look into switching to tooth soap instead of toothpaste. Much healthier for your mouth and you can find it pretty easily nowadays.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: September 29, 2007 04:12PM

I fell into the "Plax" scam when it first came out. It did nothing for preventing cavaties.

Try something like Colloidal Silver which is supposed to "kill bacteria" (works great for eye infections so..) or other "natural" products. Even rinsing with peroxide should help.

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: September 30, 2007 02:29PM

Many dental rinses came out in recent years where you swish with said "miracle" for 1 minute either before or after brushing. A dental hygenist told me that you would get the same benefit (and then some) if you just used plain water for that 1 minute.

Patty

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: October 05, 2007 01:41AM

oil pulling is real cool.

swish a tablespoon of unrefined sesame or sunflower oil first thing in the morning for fifteen minutes.

spit it out into the toilet and flush. it is poison and contains parasites and bacteria.

rinse with water a coulple of times and spit into toilet also.

next swish with colloidal silver for a minute or two. make your own with a zapper. or buy it.

next swish with hydrogen peroxide for a minute or so.

last step... get some vicco vajradanti tooth powder and brush with it. it will cause your gums and mouth to contract and pucker . let this happen and swish it around. since the powder is herbal and my mouth is real clean after all the previous steps i usually swall the herbal stuff instead of spitting it out...but thats up to you spit it out if you want it wont make much difference.

do this every day and your mouth will heal itself up if you have problems and if you dont its good for preventing them.

juicin' john

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: October 05, 2007 03:41AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables