Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Kidney cleanse.Do you have a good recipe?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: October 02, 2007 09:00PM

I'm doing my liver and gallblader cleanse and I would like to do my kidney cleanse too.Does anyone have a recipe for it?Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Kidney cleanse.Do you have a good recipe?
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 02, 2007 09:02PM

I always refer to www.curezone.com for cleanses, but I have never done a kidney cleanse.

Date: October 02, 2007 11:39PM

I looked over in curezone,but I didn't find anything.
There are some herbs that are good for kidney cleanse like Marjoram,cat's claw,comfrey root,fennel seed,chicory herb,uva ursi,hydrangea root,gravel root,marshmallw root,and golden rod herb.
I would like to know if anyone would know any othe herb that would help to cleanse the kidney.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 02, 2007 11:56PM

Cy I think watermelon, with nothing else, is a good kidney cleanser. I think parsley juice is also considered very good for them.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 03, 2007 02:26AM

i was under the impression that parsely is supposed to be very good for cleansing the kidneys as well as cranberries and ginger .. .. i will see if i can find the info again hehe

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2007 02:26AM by Jgunn.

Date: October 03, 2007 02:31AM

ok maybe i was thinking of bladder infections lol but i did find this, not sure how valid or wether it will work or not .. but sitting a tub eating watermelon an peeing on yourself cant be all that harmfull lol !

Kidney cleansing
Did you know that your chances of developing a kidney stone in your lifetime are 1 in 10? In 1995, more than 3 million people in the U. S. had some type of kidney condition such as an infection, kidney stones or cancer. More than 300,000 people suffer from renal failure each year and undergo dialysis or await a kidney transplant.

Your kidneys are 2 bean-shaped organs, each about the size of your fist. They are located in the middle of your back, just below your rib cage, on either side of your spine. Your kidneys weigh about 0.5% of your total body weight. Although the kidneys are small organs by weight, they receive a huge amount -- 20 percent -- of the blood pumped by the heart. Every day, your kidneys process about 200 quarts of blood to sift out about 2 quarts of waste products and extra water.

The actual filtering occurs in tiny units inside your kidneys called 'nephrons'. Every kidney has about a million nephrons. In the nephron, a glomerulus--which is a tiny blood vessel, or capillary--intertwines with a tiny urine-collecting tube called a tubule. A complicated chemical exchange takes place, as waste materials and water leave your blood and enter your urinary system.

The large blood supply to your kidneys enables them to do the following tasks:

Regulate the composition of your blood
keep the concentrations of various ions and other important substances constant
keep the volume of water in your body constant
remove wastes from your body (urea, ammonia, drugs, toxic substances)
keep the acid/base concentration of your blood constant
Help regulate your blood pressure
Stimulate the making of red blood cells
Maintain your body's calcium levels

Your kidneys receive the blood from the renal artery, process it, return the processed blood to the body through the renal vein and remove the wastes and other unwanted substances in the urine. Urine flows from the kidneys through the ureters to the bladder. In the bladder, the urine is stored until it is excreted from the body through the urethra.

A kidney cleanse is any procedure that involves drinking a huge amount of liquid, and taking care what you are eating. Just a better diet with more water can sometimes be enough! Any form of bowel cleansing will also help kidneys. Juice fasting is also a kidney cleanse, and any other form of fasting that incorporates a lot of liquids, will in the same time clean a kidney.

The easiest way to do a kidney cleansing is to purchase 20 to 100 pounds of watermelon (few huge melons), sit in a bath filed with water, eat all the watermelon throughout a day (as much as you can), while continually emptying your urinary bladder into the water. In this way, people have dissolved big stones, and then passed small kidney stones out of their body. Note that this kidney cleanse is not suitable for diabetics.

disclaimer: Throughout this website, statements are made pertaining to the properties and/or functions of food and/or nutritional products. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and these materials and products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
by Marc Leduc

[www.healingdaily.com]

Date: October 03, 2007 02:47AM

I'd need a really good book to do that cleanse, plus the phone, note pads, crosswords, portuguese coursebook, and a bathtub cushion for my tush. Sounds fun, but wouldn't it hurt to pass stones? Or maybe the little ones pass painlessly?

Date: October 03, 2007 03:00AM

a friend of mine told me once he passed some kidney stones and they were pretty harsh .. but i think he was on meds for them and perhaps they had gotten large and out of control .. ive read a few sites that say you should do a kidney cleanse 2-4 times a year depending on your diet .. id hazard a guess that some of us on better diets would pass smaller if notciable at all stones

guess we wont know till we try huh? tongue sticking out smiley i second you aqua .. id need all the above to sit through a day in the tub lol

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 03, 2007 03:46AM

Here is a kidney cleanse I found on curezone - [www.curezone.com].

Date: October 03, 2007 05:42AM

Thanks Aquadecoco,Jodi and Karennd.
And Aquadecoco,my first language is Portuguese,funny that you said you need a Portuguese coursebook for the bathtub.
I had a lot of watermellow for the liver cleanse that is good as well.
Cramberies are good too because of the malic acid that makes the stones soft.Also apples.
And those herbs from curezone are great Karennd.
Very impress all the information Jodi,I didn't know practically anything.Wow! After all the liver cleanse,that by the way,I'm feeling great!!I really want to clean my kidney. I still cleansing my liver,but I'll start to cleanse my kidney too.
Looks like fasting is good for all organs,but how long we have to fast?
I did 3 days watermellow fast on the Summer.I believe that I'll do that again together with the herbs.
Cy

Date: October 03, 2007 06:00AM

well honestly i really only feel comfortable doing 2-4 day fasts (just water) or longer juice fasts/feasts .. i cant afford much time off work and i really belive that fasting should be done when you can afford the time to just relax smiling smiley

let us know how it works out im really thinking about doign the watermelon tub lol

Date: October 03, 2007 06:31AM

Jodi, do you mean soon? Can you find watermelons in Oct? I don't buy much fruit so don't notice what's available, usually.

Date: October 03, 2007 02:25PM

I believe that there still some watermelow in the supermarket. If you buy 3 watermellows you can do the tub thing. It is a lot of water...
It is a good idea for a weekend rest.

Date: October 03, 2007 06:58PM

yep i just saw some this morning aqua at a greens/fruit store for .48 a lb. .. not the best price but they were from oregon .. rather then south america or mexico

oregon i can deal with lol .. i think i might try it this weekend .. not sure i can last a day in the tub . .im guessing you would only have to stay in as long as you are evacuating your bladder

im trying to figure the reasoning behind having to stay in the tub at all ... im wondering if its to just releive yourself immediately with no buildup of bladder pressure or ????

im stumped on this one smiling smiley

and still trying to figure out how to get away with saying i gotta have a bath all day tongue sticking out smiley im gonna be looking pretty lazy !!!

maybe i'll tell my BF im having a personal spa day an put a DO NOT DISTURB on teh door LOL !!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2007 06:59PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 03, 2007 07:25PM

Yeah I wonder about that too. Maybe the warm water increases circulation or something to do with the body's position in the tub facilitates releasing the stones, or equalized pressure from being in water (?) or just not having to hold it in..??

Date: October 03, 2007 07:26PM

Cy, eu estou estudando o portugues um pouco. Tenho alguns amigos brasileiros quem nao falam ingles, assim eu tento falar o portugues. De onde voce esta?

My portugues is still bad but I enjoy learning it.

My feeling about kidney cleansing is that the fresh raw approach has to be better than the cooked one. I have kidney disease and find that as soon as I eat certain cleansing (raw) things, I feel overwhelmed and get lots of cleansing symptoms, so it must work really well!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 03, 2007 08:26PM

You want to juice seeded watermelon with the rind for a good kidney cleanse. Or you can eat the watermelon too..always so good if it's a 'perfect' melon.

You can dry the seeds and grind them up to make tea and have 2-3 cups a day which is also a good kidney cleanse.

I like the tinctures you can buy at the health food stores, they are herbal and a lot of time are combos of herbs and will say, Kidney Cleanse, Liver Detox..etc.

The other thing is to get your colon cleaned out with self administered enemas and or colon hydrotherapy. You can find lots of info. at various websites about what to add to the enema water, but you could start with just warmish distilled water.

Green juices too help with healing organs, and fasting for a day is excellent with just drinking of pure water, and or some freshly made juices.

Love,
Prism

Date: October 04, 2007 04:43AM

Oi Aquadecoco,eu sou brasileira tambem. Moro aqui a 14 anos e como voce pode ver o meu ingles nao e tao bom assim.Que legal que voce fala portugues.Que coincidencia!!
Voce ja foi ao Brasil? Vale a pena visitar, e como voce ja fala o portugues vai ser mais facil ainda.
Voce tem pedra nos rins? Eu ouvi dizer que e muito dolorido e como o Prism falou e muito bom a semente da melancia e do melao tambem.Sempre que eu compro melao eu separo as sementes e bato no liquidificador com agua,tipo um suco de semente de melao.
Espero que voce entenda tudo que eu escrevi,se nao me pergunte,ta?

Prism,melon seeds are very good for the kidney too.I usually blend them with water and drink it like a juice.
Do you know a lot about enema?I heard that if you make an emena 1/2 water 1/2 hydrogene peroxida is very good to your colon because of the oxigen. Do yoy think that it works?

Date: October 04, 2007 07:23AM

Sim, entendo! (eu leio devagar)

Eu nao tenho as sementes no rins, tenho uma doenca que se nome glomerulonephritis. Depois comendo crua eu sinto me melhor, mas so quando eu como crua, nao quando eu como outras coisas.

Eu escuto Chico Science e Kid Abelha para aprender as letras e a pronuncia. Nao ja fui ao Brasil, mas queria viajar ai.

De onde voce vem? Tenho os amigos no Sao Paulo. Um amigo me descreva o que ele esta comendo quando nos somos falando no msn: muitas frutas cruas - cajus, acais, e outras frutas quem (do que ?) eu nao conheco.

Moro em Vancouver, Canada, onde eu nasceu.

Onde voce mora agora.... algun lugar aos estados unidos?

I know my portuguese isn't easy to understand because my friends get confused by what I say sometimes and then it's hard to clarify it once it's become muddled. I'm working on it slowly and have a dictionary and verb book which I use often.

Um abraco, cy!

Date: October 04, 2007 07:28AM

RE: the hydrogen peroxide - you have to be careful to use food grade and not to make it too strong - the food grade (35%) stuff I buy burns my skin and has to be diluted to maximum 3%.
I've never used it for enemas.

Date: October 04, 2007 02:25PM

Oi Aquadecoco,eu entendi perfeitamente o seu portugues.Na verdade voce escreve muito bem,so algumas coisinhas,mas o total e excelente! mesmo!
Eu sou de Minas Gerais e agora moro em White Plains,NY. Eu vim pra ca pra estudar e conheci o meu marido,entao casei.Estamos casados a 4 anos.
Eu tenho um primo em Quebec estudando frances.
Voce ia gostar do Brasil e da comida principalmente.Tem muita fruta como voce sabe e em Sao Paulo tem muita fruta que vem do norte do Brasil.Eu morei em Sao Paulo oito anos.E uma cidade muito bonita,enorme,maior que nova york. O povo la e muito simpatico. Tenho alguns amigos la que continuo me comunicando com eles por e-mail.
Sobre a comida crua,eu gosto muito.Eu era vegetariana e depois vegan,dai eu comprei um livro da Victoria Boutemko.Eu fiquei tao encantada com o livro que eu comecei a comer comida crua.E a melhor coisa que eu fiz.O meu marido me suporta com isso,mas a familia dele me acha meio doida,mas eles respeitam a minha escolha.
Muito obrigada pela resposta.Eu tenho medo de colocar hydrogenio peroxida no meu enema.Talvez seja melhor eu ficar mesmo com a agua.eu coloco 8 gotas de black walnut tincture pra tirar parasitas.
Um abraco pra voce Aquadecoco.
Cy

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 04, 2007 05:14PM

I have used hydrogen peroxide (the kind from the drug store, in its diluted form) before in my enemas, and you only have to add a capful or 2..not much. There are a lot of things people put into their enema water, so you could do some research and then try a few, find what you like.

I think that if you simply use clean pure distilled water that is either room temp. or a bit on the warm side (NEVER HOT WATER) that can be the best. I always start out with just water, then the second enema can have the ingredient of choice, then follow up with a clear water eneama.

Someone around this forum mentioned they used the parasite cleansing herb of tincture wormwood for their enema, around 8 drops of the liquid tincture with 2 qt. water in the enema bag. They were very happy with the results..the next one I do will be with the Wormwood.

Love,
Prism

Date: October 04, 2007 05:51PM

If I were to try hp in an enema, I would first try adding a drop or half teaspoon to a cup of water and try it on my skin and in my mouth. Then I would add more according to how I felt.
I had some 11% in a container and poured about half a cup into my bath, over my submerged leg and yelped immediately - it burnt me and stung for quite a while.

I had just forgotten to be careful with it, but now I remember.

Date: October 05, 2007 05:31PM

Cy eu te enviei um recado privado!

Eu coloco hydrogen peroxide no banheiro.

Date: October 05, 2007 07:28PM

Oi Aquadecoco,obrigada pelo recado privado.Eu te mandei um e-mail.
Eu uso hp depois de escovar os dentes.Eu ja usei pra desinfetar as maos,mas as minhas maos ficaram muito secas,entao eu parei de usar.

Prism,eu coloco black walnut tincture in my enema,8 drops,and it sis very good for pirasites. It's a good idea to do with the wormwood too.
Maybe I'll try the hp later,when I get more information about it. I feel a little bit unconfortable and scared with anything on my enema.
Did you have any problem with the hp?did it burn?Did you feel good after the enema with it?

Date: October 05, 2007 08:29PM

i second aqua on the testing before using ... i dont put anything up my butt that i wont swish first in my mouth .. the lining is similar

oy i hope that wasnt too graphic lol

Date: October 05, 2007 09:21PM

Not at all Jodi. You are correct,thanks. I use hp as a mouth wash for many years,but I don't drink it.So I'm a little concern in adding it to my enema,because evrything that goes in the intestine goes straight to the blood. It's scared.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables