Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Brand New..what to do w/med's ?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 28, 2006 12:30AM

Hi all,
My wife and I are 3 days into what we would like to be a life long way of living. We really enjoy this site. I do have a question. I currently am on meds for arthritis, which I hope to wean off, but what about tylenol, or advil? Is it bad to use as needed ?

Thanks for sharing.

His Peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brand New..what to do w/med's ?
Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: May 06, 2006 02:24AM

I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthrits in October 2004. After being on Ibuprofen and Naproxen (doctors orders) for a few months, I stopped. They didn't help me with the pain very much and I found they were doing a number on my stomach. I did a lot of research and found a lot of scary info on pain meds. Eating more raw foods, cleaning up my diet in general and adding a few supplements have done wonders. The pain got less and less as time went on. It probably took a good six months before it was relatively pain free.

I wouldn't take anything to kill the pain. I'm super stubborn. My family and friends were getting quite upset with me. Looking back, I'm very happy that I'm stubborn.

That's my two cents. Everybody is different. Only you can decide what's best for you.

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 06, 2006 09:31PM

Folks,

You are seconds away from completely curing your arthritis. Two websites that I recommend that will help you on your road to wellness are [www.watercure.com] and [www.watercure2.com] where you can find the watercure recipe and get info on all of the incredible books Dr. Batmanghelidj wrote to help mankind. Don't wait one second longer. Go to the website and start yourself on the road to total healing.

Cheers,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: May 10, 2006 04:00AM

-Do the research. I, myself, believe medication is not the best thing for my body. If I thought these things effected a cure.....or a bodily improvement....I would take them.

-Instead....I believe it is our actions and lifestyle that give rise to conditions like arthritis.

-I think it's great that you are trying to wean off of them. As far as medication goes? With close consultation with your doctor......I would say your watchwords should be "As little of the stuff as I can manage".

-David Mason

Posted by: monochromatism ()
Date: September 18, 2006 05:01AM

Turmeric has recently been shown to reduce the inflammation associated with arthritis (among lots of other benefits), and therefore the pain. I actually just started taking Turmeric supplements recently. They don't come with the risk of possible stomach ulceration, and they're obviously organic. If you're uncomfortable taking a supplement, I would add a generous amount of Turmeric to a couple of your meals each day. Dr. Andrew Weil supported its use when the research first came out in major newspapers, so it can't be all bad. smiling smiley Anyway, research it a little. It's taking over!

Posted by: Einselgaenger ()
Date: September 21, 2006 11:17AM

You might want to look at a glucosomine/chondrointin combo.
Good things have been reported about it. I've just begun using it myself, though it's still too early to report an effect.

Some useful info here: [www.glucosamine-arthritis.org]

Donna

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: September 21, 2006 12:40PM

there are many supplements you could try, but I would consult with a good herbalist or naturopath.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables