Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Castile soap as a toothpaste?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: October 11, 2007 02:01AM

I heard that castile soap is very good for the enemal and is alcaline,and protect the teeth.Is that truth?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Castile soap as a toothpaste?
Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: October 12, 2007 08:00PM

I don't know, but my mom's company's soaps are castile, and she brushes her teeth with them!! She says they work really well and her oral surgeon is super impressed, whatever that means lol.

Date: October 13, 2007 02:37AM

I will try it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 20, 2007 12:24AM

I have used castille soap for over 2 years now. I buy a bar of Dr.Bonners peppermint and wet my toothbrush, rub it back and forth the bar until its foamy, and brush my teeth. I haven't gotten sick for 2 years and my teeth and gums are healthy.

You know what else is also cool for the teeth and gums is "oil swishing" - just do a search on the net and read about the benefits of swishing - about 1 tablespoon of oil around in your mouth for 20 minutes and then spitting out.

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 20, 2007 12:43AM

[www.oilpulling.com] is a neat website.

Date: October 20, 2007 02:58AM

I'm brushing my teeth now with Dr Bronner's almond castile soap and it is fine.And the oil pulling I did for 2 moths with sunflower oil,and I'll come back as soon as I get more sunflower oil.(but I didn't noted any difference in anything with the oil pulling.)

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: October 23, 2007 06:07PM

cy- I used the same almond dr bronner soap the last few days! I was a bit freaked out about using it (seems weird pouring that stuff onto a toothbrush!) but man, does it make your teeth feel clean!

Date: October 25, 2007 11:53PM

Rawnoggin, I am having a great time with the castile soap as a tooth paste. You are right,your teeth feel clean,and it needs just one or 2 dropps of the soap.So cheap too. Wow !!

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 26, 2007 06:55PM

I'm going to try this - I can buy it today, but I'm wondering something:

does it taste and feel like soap in your mouth?

You know that harsh feeling when soap gets in your mouth? I hope it doesn't feel like that!

Date: October 26, 2007 10:36PM

Hi Aquadecoco,how are you? The taste is great,but you have to use 2 to 3 drops only.Another day I did put more then 5 drops and I did ended up with soap in my mouth,but the taste is good and the feeling after you brush is great.I am loving it and I will stay with it now : good,cheap and a great feeling after brushing.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: October 29, 2007 03:24AM

I tried it once and it was too disgusting to try again.

Date: October 29, 2007 11:09AM

Hi LikeltOrNot,it is because you were thinking on soap.Try to think on toothpaste.And also put one or two dropps.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables