Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help !!My husband is very worried about my liver cleanse.
Posted by: cy ()
Date: October 19, 2007 04:40AM

I am on my 5th liver cleanse now following Andreas Moritz book "The amazing liver and gallbladder cleanse",and my husband is getting worried and talking with some friends to get information about the cleanse. Of course,his friends don't believe in liver cleanse and if so just one and that's it.
He is a kind of buddering me a little bit with all his worries (yes,I understand,and he is not a raw fooder too) but I am pretty sure that I am on a right path,and I am getting so much healthier and happier.I think that the problem is that I get so excited that I don't stop talking about "the liver cleanse and colon cleanse after the liver cleanse" subject.
I don't know what to do,and I am pretty sure that I have at least 5 more cleanses to go. I would like to ask if anybody could give me some help here,some insight.What should I do to not get upset with my husband.He is just worried,I understand,but this is VERY important to me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2007 04:42AM by cy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help !!My husband is very worried about my liver cleanse.
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 19, 2007 05:04AM

what exactly are his worries? smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: October 19, 2007 12:18PM

He woories that it is too much and I am doing it without a break. The least time is 2 weeks and then you start to have the malic acid or apple juice for an intire week to start the cleanse,and I'm doing that. He thinks that I should wait at least a month. He has a friend that did once and her doctor told her that she didn't need to do anymore,and so he thinks that is the way to go.
I am showing him the book and all the people in curezone that did and are doing the cleanse for 9,10,11 and 12 times in the 3 week period. I think this is his friend talking with him. He is very open in evrything else,but in this matter he has a concern that I will get hurt.
I am doing the cleanse anyway,but I feel unconfort with all this worries.This really budders me and he knows that but he can stop worried.This is a vicious cicle.He worries and I get unconfort.Maybe this sittuation has no resolution until I finish my cleanse.

Date: October 19, 2007 02:33PM

how is the cleanse done? ... are there ingredients in it that taken long term can be harmful>? do you have a history of eating disorders that is trigging the worry?

the reason i ask is that say for instance with my history of anorexia .. fasting triggers people around me to worrying that im gonna start starving myself .. see what i mean?

people with compulsive disorders might overdue things excessively such as flushes .. you CAN have/do too much of a good thing sometimes

i guess you really have to get to the root of his worries ...and maybe just talk about it less .. sadly sometimes making a big deal of things ..makes things a big deal ! lol grinning smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 19, 2007 02:35PM

Sometimes my husband gets a little concerned when I do new things he's not familiar with. He's pretty cool with my raw food diet and all, but when I water fasted last summer for 2 weeks there were a couple of tense moments where I felt sick and he freaked out. Afterwards, when he saw how I was only sick for about 1/2 hour and then it was over and I was much better, his concerns died down to a dull roar and then he was much more 'okay' with my fasting agendas. And now he understands the fasting and detoxification process better, because he's already seen it firsthand.

Now if I could just convince HIM to fast too every once in awhile, I'd be all set. But that's another story! (He's slim and is afraid it'll turn him into a skeleton.)

Just persevere and reassure him that you know what you're doing, and I think he'll come around.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 19, 2007 04:22PM

Cy i took the liberty of emailing Andreas about your questions and this is what he wrote back to me ..

From: "Andreas Moritz" <andmor@ener-chi.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "jodi leduc" <nwjodi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: liver flush cleanse
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 11:18:42 -0400
Dear Jodi,

This is what I would tell her:

When it comes to taking care of your health, you are the only one responsible for it. If you suffer because of not helping yourself, nobody else will be able to help you either. If taking care of your health and following your intuition and gut feelings upsets others and worries them, it is important not to make their worries your own. They merely project their own fears unto you, in the hope that you listen to them so that they can stop feeling afraid. It is therefore a rather selfish act to let other know how much you worry about them, and this has little to do with love. Love is supporting someone in whatever they have chosen to pursue, even if that turns out to be mistake.

Many people feel that taking care of one's own health is dangerous, and only trained medical doctors should be allowed to deal with health issues.. Unfortunately, there are 998.000 people in this country who die each year because of medical treatments gone wrong. Driven by fear and insecurity, the masses trust the medical system more than they trust in the wisdom of their own body. Treatment of symptoms is a dangerous thing that keeps killing people, while healing the causes of diseases brings about real cures.

As long as there are stones left in the liver, they will end up blocking one or both of the main bile ducts, which interferes with the digestive process. And stones in the bile ducts beget more stones. Ii is not wise to stop the cleansing before it is completed, especially when you have started to feel healthier and happier. Once again, it is not a good idea to stop following one's gut feeling just to please someone else who worries about us. Trying to pacify their worries for them is not good for them either, it prevents them from learning their own life lessons and taking care of their own lives and standing up for themselves.

With kind regards,
Andreas Moritz

-------------------------
Andreas Moritz
9 Night Hawk Way
Landrum, SC 29356
USA
Tel: (864) 895-6285
Fax: (864) 895-2422

E-mail: andmor@ener-chi.com
Web Site: [www.ener-chi.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2007 04:25PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 20, 2007 12:30AM

Oh Jodi,THANK YOU SO MUCH,I really appreciated that.I needed to read that.I am doing my 5th flush right now without telling him.He is like your husband Kwan,he supports me a lot with the raw food,but with the flush..well,I think that his friends are telling him that this is dangerous.
And yes Jodi,I do have an eating disorder,I eat a lot sometimes to confort myself,and when I do my cleases I tent to overdue colonics,enemas,salt cleanse,and fasts.
But I'm feeling so much better and healthier that I"ll do whatever to continuing my health path.
I think that I can do my cleanses now and don't tell anybody.I was so happy and wanted evrybody to know and to experimented , and to be healthier and happier like me,but some people don't want that and get angry and "worried " with happiness.
So,now I won't say a word.My husband said that he'll try to understand my cleanses,but as long as he tell his friends about that he'll "worry" about me.
So,I'll be quiet and active on my stuff.Thank you a lot Jodi and Kwan,I REALLY,REALLY appreciated you help,and Andreas Moritz letter was wonderful.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2007 12:33AM by cy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables