Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is the mini-trampoline really good for your health?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: October 26, 2007 04:33AM

Does anyone have the needak rebounder mini-trampoline,and it is a good way to exercise? I am thinking in buying one,though I have to raise the money first,and I do have an old treadmill that I love to exercise.I heard a lot about the rebounder and that just 10 minutes in it you have a good source of exercise and it is very good for you. I would like to know from somebody that actually have it and use it daily.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is the mini-trampoline really good for your health?
Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 26, 2007 03:47PM

I don't have that brand, but I do have a mini-trampoline and when I use it it is very good exercise. I believe it helps in detox and to move things through you lymph system, as well as being good exercise. But if anyone has bad knees, I don't think they would be able to use it.

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: October 26, 2007 04:16PM

I have an Urban Rebounder. I love it. I swear I can feel my lymph start moving when I use it. I find it super gentle on my knee joints.

Date: October 26, 2007 06:43PM

Thanks karennd and Klandestine.I am thinking and saving for my trampoline.

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: October 26, 2007 08:40PM

I have an Urban Rebounder that I bought for very little money ($35 + shipping) off (dare I admit) Ebay. I love using it. I have noticed my legs and butt getting very firm and I only do 15-20 min (max) each morning. I am following the basic routine from The pH Miracle for Weight Loss book. I have not yet even tried the DVDs that came with it.

I have had knee sugery 5 times on my right knee. My chiro and osteopath have not said anything that I shouldn't use it because of my knees. My own personal jury is still out on whether or not it is an issue for my knees. I have noticed an increase in knee pain, stiffness, and achiness but I don't know if it is due to the rebounder or other stuff that I have also been doing differently - yardwork, cleaning, etc.

I don't want to dissuade you. I don't feel pain or anything while on it. It is also possible that I shouldn't be "running" on it and I do.

If it proves to be a non issue for me, I plan to purchase a good one in the future. My only other complaint is that the only practical place for me to keep it is the basement and I have very little head clearance so no high bounces for me.

Patty

Date: October 26, 2007 10:41PM

Thanks Patty. Great idea,I'll look for it on ebay. I have no money right now and a cheap one will help me a lot.I do walk every day for 30-45-and somedays 1 hour.I was doing yoga but I had a problem on my back and so for now it is just walking.But I really want a trampoline.Thanks again for the tips.

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: October 30, 2007 07:35PM

I love my rebounder. It's awesome, it's like you get the "runners high" without running and hurting your joints and risking injury. I've also felt like I can feel my system getting flushed and detoxed and when I've had a minor ache or cramp somewhere like from sleeping wrong it's helped to loosen it up. I have a "bad knee", it's definitley fine for any bad joints..the books that come with it talk about how old people use it as "rehab" and arthritis and stuff and how much it helps. Don't think of a kid bouncing really high and doing flips on a trampoline.. it's...just..different! And it's because they're made for health not as a toy or weight loss product. (it's just a benefit) Also, you don't have to start with jumping up and down.. You just stand on it and push yourself up and down using your arms or legs and you will STILL get the great benefits. If you can stand on your bed and push yourself up and down..even if you use your arms to help get you going then you can rebound and cleanse your system.

WHen I did my research all I kept reading was the Needak was the best one. It has to do with the quality of threads and how it's made. I really liked this website, Linda has been doing it and researching it for 26 years and knows her stuff. smiling smiley [2rebound.com] A few people in the raw world like them too..even Dough Graham the 80/10/10 guy.

The cheapest Needak is the black, non folding one. You can find it on Ebay for around $220'ish (some major powersellers on there, nothing to worry about). Unlikely you'll find a Needak under that unless someone happens to be on Ebay reselling theirs.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2007 07:39PM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 30, 2007 11:01PM

check on freecycle or craigslist .. i got mine for free smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 31, 2007 06:46AM

I have a mini-trampoline, but I don't recommend it. It gives a short, stiff bounce.

Rebounders are said to give high, gentle motion, which creates the positive and negative Gs to help the lymph flow.

I would like to get a good rebounder one day, (it's on the backburner), so thanks for the info on Needak!

Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 31, 2007 05:28PM

If you spend 20 min. on a rebounder will you work up a sweat and get your heart going?

Also, does it ever get boring just jumping in place every day like that?

I like to dance to get my lymph and cells moving and talking to each other. I close the drapes and drop some pantera or chemical brothers and rock out.

Sewraw, I've also got a busted knee... torn ACL. The best exercise for me has been mountain biking, or even urban biking when the cars aren't out (1:00am). I also do some light jogging and I've noticed my patellar tendon has hypertrophied a bit to compensate for the lost ACL.

Posted by: macfly ()
Date: November 03, 2007 03:55AM

I have a Needak and have used it for two years. It's a wonderful way to start your day, especially coupled with headphones and good music. Many times I've spent an entire hour on the thing, dancing around to music. I bring it out into the yard and put it under a tree. People driving by must think I'm nuts, haha. I don't usually get bored, especially if I concentrate on doing different moves and dances. Occasionally, though, I'll start rebounding and suddenly feel pulled out of the moment by my mind; I'll have a sense that I want to cut the session short and go do something else. When that happens I usually tell myself "okay, rebound for 3 more songs, and then you can go". Often by the time those three songs pass I'm in the groove again and ready for more.

Rebounding has always been a great motivator for me to get active again if I find that I'm not exercising much, or if I'm feeling down.

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: November 13, 2007 11:03PM

Cy and all,

I mentioned in my earlier post that I was experiencing knee pain and not sure if it was due to rebounder or other stuff. Well, for the heck of it, I switched the shoes I was wearing on the rebounder. There appears to be a difference and less pain overall in my knee. I just thought I would mention this to one who might be having a problem to try.

Patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables