Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

allergic reaction
Posted by: Werewolf ()
Date: October 31, 2007 05:56AM

I recently had what I'm pretty sure was an allergic reaction. It happened to me twice, both times within a few days of using some "Merry Hempsters" lip balm. The skin around my lips broke out in a light rash, and my lips became very dry cracked.

I really want to get to the bottom of this! Though I'm 99% sure this was a reaction to the lip balm, there are lingering doubts. A friend of mine made a joke about it, but I am quite certain this is not herpes or anything of the sort (scary thought, though). Could it have anything to do with detox?

Anyway, I guess my main question is about the possibility of allergic reactions to the ingredients in the chap stick, which are as follows:

-Hemp Seed Oil
-Candelilla Wax
-Organic Calendula Flowers
-Organic Olive or Organic Canola
-Organic Sunflower Oil
-Organic Essential oils (lemon, lime, vitamin e, rosemary extract)

Are any of these ingredients common allergens?

-Alex

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: allergic reaction
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 31, 2007 06:50AM

Maybe the essential oils are too harsh for your skin. Or maybe there are hidden ingredients which bother you.
The first two aren't organic (are the others certified organic, because almost anything can be labelled 'organic'), but there can be very harsh processing agents which aren't required to be listed on the label.

Posted by: trumper ()
Date: November 06, 2007 05:43PM

just read
[germannewmedicine.ca]
to know more about skin problems

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2008 07:23PM

IT ABSOLUTELY IS THE MERRY HEMPSTERS LIP BALM!!! BEWARE! That stuff is touted to be soo amazing when in fact, it gives a painful, blistering, allergic reaction on the lips...I too, have recently came back from the dermatologist and she told me to put on some "Vanos" steroid creme twice a day for two days...it healed and went away very quickly! I feel your pain, and I am really not happy with the people who constantly push organic hemp stuff in our faces...it's not a magical all-purpose plant!!!! Jeez...

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: January 29, 2008 07:45PM

I also vote for the essential oils

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables