Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do you sleep with your mouth closed or open?
Posted by: jono ()
Date: October 31, 2007 05:38PM

I've been reading about the importance of nasal breathing. I practice nasal breathing during the day, but sometimes I sleep with my mouth open and breath through both the nose and mouth. But then I wake up with dry mouth. So now I'm trying to sleep with my mouth closed.

Anyway, just wondering what everyone else does. Also what position do you like to sleep in. I'm pretty big on the fetal with a pillow between my legs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do you sleep with your mouth closed or open?
Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: October 31, 2007 07:14PM

not sure. i think it is a combination of both for me. varying from night to night. if i am travelling and i am very tired i think it falls open. winking smiley

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 01, 2007 04:41AM

I like to sleep on my belly and with my mouth close.Sometimes on my right side.I was having problems with my jaws,a lot of pain at night and I found out that I had a bad back and neck.

Posted by: Seabucktho ()
Date: November 01, 2007 08:42AM

All I know is, I fall asleep with my mouth closed. I sleep one of three ways: on my right side, on my left side, or on my back. I sometimes get settled for sleep on my stomach, but I can't fall asleep in that position.

Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: November 01, 2007 09:56AM

Can someone please explain to me the significance or importance of nasal breathing? Traditional Western culture promotes "in through the nose and out through the mouth." What are the benefits of nasal breathing???

Oh, I probably breathe both during the night too. I think if I stay on my side I am more inclined to sleep with mouth closed.

Thank you to anyone who can answer my questions.

Patty

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 01, 2007 09:46PM

i have always wondered about that too, patty. you know, thats what they always tell you to do in yoga class. they say its "cleansing", but why? brian would probably know. i think he teaches yoga now.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: November 02, 2007 12:47PM

The nose to mouth breathing seems kinda unnatural to me, while pure nasal breathing seems very natural.

here's a few articles on nasal breathing:
[www.facialbeauty.com]
[www.nosebreathe.com]
[breathing.com]

Personally, I find that nasal breathing improves blood flow and oxygenation of my body. My peripherals are warmer when I just breath through the nose, and I'm much calmer, also my heart beat is more regular.

I started reading about nasal breathing in relation to athletic performance and realized it's probably good to practice all the time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables