Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adrenals
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 06, 2007 06:42PM

Anyone know what can be done about seriously low adrenals? juices? supps? etc?

I'm already upping the wheatgrass juice.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adrenals
Posted by: jono ()
Date: November 06, 2007 07:01PM

cordyceps, ginseng, rhodiola all support adrenal funtion

also, plenty of sleep each night, and sunshine during the day will help restore energy and balance.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 11, 2007 02:14AM

I have to agree about the rest and sleep. I had chronic fatigue from years of overworking and drinking coffee, and my healing came when I cut out all stimulants (including digestive stimulants) and my body was finally able to get the rest and sleep it needed. For me, this resulted in 16 to 18 hours of sleep a night (slowly decreasing over time) for 4 months, and by the end of the 4 months I was only sleeping 10 hours a night.

If you eat only fresh produce, no spices or condiments or any kind of medicinal herbs, your body ought to be in a state where it can rest. Also having mental/emotional stillness is necessary so the mind isn't churning all night, keeping you up and not sleeping. The simpler your meals are, the less work it takes to digest, the more energy available for healing. Mono meals of fruits are the easiest to digest. Keeping your fat intake low while you are in the healing phase is a good idea, as the digestion of fats take a lot of energy.

Date: November 12, 2007 04:19PM

Yeah, everyone keeps mentioning sleep to me but I have never had a sleep problem. Regardless of what time I ever went to bed, I'd sleep the usual 7 or 8hr average and be fine all day. And I've never been a coffee drinker. I'd drink Yerba Mate every now and then but even that wasn't regularly enough to cause problems.

My adrenal problems go deeper than that. It's from being hypothyroid for so long. I recently got off the crap "Synthroid" and switched to the more "natural" kind..Armour. And apparently the chemical medication and Hypo killed my adrenals which is WHY I am having a hard time with Armour..anxiety attacks, fatigue, etc. But my sleep hasn't changed.. still can easily fall asleep and wake up 8hrs later. I just have no energy or anything in the afternoons now and I am constantly freezing, nauseaus, etc.

Makes no sense. I can't find anything anywhere on how to restore them naturally. Everything I read even on Curezone says I will need "hormone replacements" or "adrenal support" which = more medication just to make my adrenals work.

For the first time ever I had a "panic attack" where I could hardly breathe and thought I was dying. I had to take an anti-anxiety medication to snap out of it. (It was THAT bad. Besides thyroid meds, I never touch drugs!) So I switched to the "natural" med and now am on a roller coaster of more meds? This makes no sense and it's beyond frustrating.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 13, 2007 05:03AM

You could read Prism's posts about iodine and her 30 year thyroid problems to see if there are any ideas you might apply to your situation.

Btw, how's the lump?

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 14, 2007 12:20PM

likeitornot,

sorry i dont have any advice on this, but it is very interesting topic. i am curious...when you said.."So I switched to the "natural" med and now am on a roller coaster of more meds? ", do you mean you are on other natural meds besides the armour? specifically, any natural meds for anxiety?

thanks! and good luck.

Date: November 14, 2007 02:46PM

aquadecoco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You could read Prism's posts about iodine and her
> 30 year thyroid problems to see if there are any
> ideas you might apply to your situation.
>
> Btw, how's the lump?

Thanks..I'll try a search for those.
The lump is still pretty much gone or shrunk down to nothing since getting rid of the wire and trying a few castor oil packs. They don't hurt anymore. My lymphs are still a mess so I'm assuming it's that. I also found out "fibro..disaease" whatever it's called is also related to this thyroid mess so I've been meaning to look into iodine anyway because that's also supposed to "cure" it.

Date: November 14, 2007 03:04PM

pihourova Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> likeitornot,
>
> sorry i dont have any advice on this, but it is
> very interesting topic. i am curious...when you
> said.."So I switched to the "natural" med and now
> am on a roller coaster of more meds? ", do you
> mean you are on other natural meds besides the
> armour? specifically, any natural meds for
> anxiety?
>
> thanks! and good luck.

Hey. If you're looking for natural anxiety relief..Try one of Yogi's Herbal Teas. They have a "calming" tea and some others that might work.
Or look into Flower Essences or Bach remedies. They work if you match the right symptoms up. [www.bachflower.com]
"Rescue Remedy" is popular..You can usually find samples of "Rescue Remedy" at health food stores for $1 .. I've never used it personally though but I've had success with it on my cat. You can find all that stuff at health food stores or WholeFoods you don't have to order it online.

The pill I took for the anxiety attack wasn't "natural". It's prescription only that I got from someone else. By "rollercoaster" it seems to stay on the "Natural" Armour, I would have to live off of other chemical replacements for it to work right and get rid of side effects.
First the Anti-Anxiety meds for the panic attacks..
Then it'll be steroids or Hormone Replacements to get the adrenal hormones I'm lacking. and so on.
The typical American Pharmacutical Drug Rollercoaster where you take a pill and have to take new pills to counteract the other pill's side effects. UGH.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2007 03:08PM by LikeItOrNot.

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: November 14, 2007 05:26PM

thanks for the info. and i wish you success.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2008 05:22AM

Hi, I'm new here, but could relate with your problems, actually it sounds just like my own. I have found that an glandular adrenal supplement has been the only thing that has really helped so far. Enzymatic has one that seems to be working the best. I was really interested in all of the information you have come up with, I'm an RN and have not been able to find this information. Of course coming from a medical background I haven't looked into the more natural sources. My MD put me on the Iodine, maybe I should be more consistent in taking it. I've been dealing with this (fibro, hypothyroid, chronic fatigue) for over 13 years, the adrenal fatigue has just come up the last year after a really stressful time at work. I am just now looking into "raw" foods, and other healthy options. I hope you have as much success with the adrenal supplement as I have, I was down (on the couch) for a couple weeks when I remembered I had run out of it. I sure have a lot to learn. Thanks for the information you posted, it's been a great addition to my knowledge base.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables