Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Aging, wrinkles and skin elasticity! Help!
Posted by: RawsomeButterfly ()
Date: November 11, 2007 04:31PM

I'm in my mid-forties and I've entered perimenopause. The aging I've experienced has been dramatic. I have sagging, loose skin, pronounced wrinkes, my skin on my neck is getting loose, I can't seem to get the muscle tone I've had in the past, and I'm holding weight in my stomach and hips like I never have in the past. This is very upsetting to me. I need some hardcore advice about how to counteract these issues.
I'm already raw, I exercise regularly, I take MSM and David Wolfe's "Nature's First Food", I drink silica, I drink lots of water and I drink wheatgrass juice often.
What else can I do? Please tell me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aging, wrinkles and skin elasticity! Help!
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 11, 2007 10:22PM

IMO:

Restore your hormonal function through CLEANSING (like clay colon cleanses, oil and lemon liver cleanses, kidney cleanses, etc) to allow your organs to do the work they're trying to do.

Cut down FAT intake - it's very disruptive to digestion and body functions.

Read up on cleanses - there are many people who think they're unnecessary, but I had remarkable results with a simple 10 day clay cleanse - that 4 years of various expensive treatments didn't address.

Good luck and remember to be grateful every day - this is the healthiest mind 'food' and will positively affect your health.

Posted by: jono ()
Date: November 11, 2007 11:12PM

some ideas that come to mind:

extra virgin olive oil used internally and externally to help improve elasticity.

increasing omega 3 intake (and decreasing omega 6/3 ratio), and also using MCFAs like that in coconut oil to help increase fat burning. also, cutting down on the fructose from all sources.

daily exercise should be intensive and get the blood flowing. my favorite is biking uphill. simply walking for an hour might not be enough.

getting enough protein to maintain or grow muscle mass.

good restfull sleep each night. make sure your bedroom is very dark at night/early morning. you may want to put some sheets over the windows to block as much light as possible.

plenty of clean water.

reduce stress.

Date: November 13, 2007 01:30AM

aquadecoco, oil has lots of fat, so how can you do those cleanses and keep your fat intake down? Speaking of cleanses, I plan on doing the master cleanse very soon. I know it's not all raw, but people get great results.

Date: November 13, 2007 04:59AM

You only use a high amount of oil for the cleanse, not daily.

High dietary fat is different than using it once a month or so for a liver cleanse.

Anyway, read about it on curezone or whatever, and decide for yourself - I just wanted to give my view, and of course others will differ.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 13, 2007 07:43PM

The oil used in a liver cleanse doesn't get assimilated by the body.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: November 14, 2007 04:34PM

Angela Stokes reccomends taking MSM, a plant compound good for sagging skin.

Date: November 16, 2007 03:54PM

You guys are awesome. Thanks for all the help and support!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 17, 2007 08:29PM

i think we all do what we can to fight nature but at some point you just have to accept the gray hairs and laugh lines lol

i really miss my old grannys face ... the laugh lines she had told a million stories she was such a giggly ol fart smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: November 18, 2007 10:44PM

Free weights and machines at the gym will help you regain that lost muscle. You will need to do it for the rest of your life to combat the sarcopenia that gets worse with age. Resistance training will be much more effective than aerobics or other types of exercise for this.

I do it, and I am still totally in love with my body! Your age, too. No sags or wrinkles, no neck lines, my skin is still tight and I have practiced sun avoidance for the last 20 years.

Also I am on a low dose pill. Estrogens are good for your skin and your bones.

But, I have lost a lot of facial fat over the last 2 decades. I am considering getting some hyaluronic acid injections to help with that.

Date: November 19, 2007 07:15AM

Wow, I'm sold arug...as soon as I can I'm going to start weight training.

Date: November 19, 2007 03:56PM

Weight training is indeed a BIG help, though I have to admit now that I'm 58 and post-menopausal, not every square inch of skin on my body is exactly as it was pre-menopause, lol. There is a subtle change in skin texture here and there-- it gets a little crepey looking, especially on my upper chest just above the bra-line-- noticeable only if I 'scrunch,' if you know what I mean. I don't think there's much one can do about that, and I'm not stressing too much over it. ;-p I'm thankful my face hasn't changed too much and my general body tone is about the same.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 21, 2007 09:09PM

Maybe jumping in a trampoline might help too.

Date: November 22, 2007 12:53AM

I'm sure doing Bikram yoga or something similar that works both the muscles and the organ systems and endocrine glands is bound to yield significant results.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: karriebean ()
Date: November 22, 2007 01:06AM

my favorite skincare line is elysee and it is fabulous!! i don't care how granola i go, i will never give it up. no animal products and no animal testing. small family run business. the owner gets online and responds to questions about products. fantastic!!

i made a tinyurl of their website if anyone is interested. the site url isn't long, i'm just not sure the policy of posting websites here...

[preview.tinyurl.com]

or it is elyseecosmetics dot com

i promise this is not spam. this is just i skincare line i am very passionate about.

good luck!

~karriebean

Posted by: Alkalarian ()
Date: November 28, 2007 03:27AM

I can only say go with plenty of alkaline water (and alkaline foods).

Alkaline water is highly negatively charged and "anti-oxidant" and therefore has the ability to block the attack of free radicals.

Anti-oxidants prevent cellular and DNA damage by neutralizing free radicals and therefore slow down the process of aging (wrinkles etc.).

regards, Mel

Alkaline Food / Green Food Chart With pH Scale

Date: November 30, 2007 02:53PM

My #1 advice is to juice fast or water fast regularly (short ones every month or two, long ones once or twice a year). Whenever I see wrinkles and haggardness appearing, I know it's time to detoxify with a fast. Invariably, when people ask me when I'm done, what I've been doing. Once a couple years ago when I was around 56, I did a summer water fast for maybe 10 days, and when I saw an acquaintance who hadn't seen me for a few weeks, she asked me if I had had 'work' done, lol! That really stunned me. Fasting is amazing for rejuvenation. As Dr. Shelton, I think, said, when you're fasting you're on nature's operating table. You're really healing deeply from the inside-out, and it shows on the surface as younger looking skin and muscle tone.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: December 01, 2007 05:29AM

I'm starting the master cleanse tomorrow! I bet it will help!

Date: December 01, 2007 04:05PM

Rawsome--

Hey, that's what I'm doing right now! I'm doing about 90% MasterCleanse and maybe 10% vegetable juice. It's winter, and quite cold here (26 right now), but my fast is (thankfully!) going really well-- I'm on day 6 so far! I felt pretty spacey the first 3 days, and then my energy soared after that and I don't even feel like I'm fasting. That's one of the great things about juice fasting-- it's a lot easier than water fasting.

I'm using agave nectar instead of maple syrup, and I really like it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables