Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Light Therapy?
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: November 14, 2007 04:04PM

It's not that cold yet here in Toronto yet but I'm craving steamed veggies at night and feeling a bit blue. Could it be lack of sunlight? I sure miss that sun, it tends to stay grey a lot here in winter.

Was reading about light therapy, has anyone tried it?
Don't want to invest in a unit and find it's not worth it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Light Therapy?
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: November 17, 2007 12:00PM

I have a light specifically purchased for "mood." It is a blue lux light. I bought it a few years ago from www.sunalight.com. (At least I think this is the company. I know they carry the product I bought.) I called them and spoke with them on the phone a while - no pressure sales. I use it mostly in the mornings. I sit under it while I eat (or rather drink) my breakfast. I also use it as a reading light. I believe it helps to set the body clock in the morning while it is dark out and sort of "charges" me. Many of the Ott Lights sold in craft/sewing stores are full spectrum lights too. I have 2 of these because I sew and they are great work lights. You could probably get one of these on sale cheaper that a true mood light. The issue with the light therapy as that you need to be sitting with your face very close to it. The energy of the light triggers receptors in the eyes. This is not something you have on in the corner of the room.

Something else I started using about 2 months ago is a sunrise alarm clock. I wake to light instead of sound. There is a HUGE difference in my wakeup. The light itself is not full spectrum but rather a simple light bulb. The point of this is to help set the body to what should be the natural circadian rhythm of waking to light not sound. The model I purchased has a white noise machine and I chose this because I work night shift every other weekend and the sound of this helps me nap when the rest of the outside world is making noise. I have also found that I am comforted going to sleep at night with the noise on. I purchased this online from www.biobrite.com

I hope I have helped.

Patty

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: November 20, 2007 05:03PM

Patty,

Thanks, thats very helpful. Will try to find a full spectrum light for my desk at work.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 21, 2007 01:37AM

Hey Dulset, www.vitagem.com has a light to sell that it is for light therapy.
Very interesting!!! The author is Canadien ,Tom Woloshyn and you can wright him at tom@vitagem.com

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 21, 2007 01:38AM

The lamp is called vitalght

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables