Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what kind of oil for successful oilpulling?
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 17, 2007 04:10PM

For people who have had success with oilpulling....could you please post the brand and type of oil you used?

I know what kinds are suggested but I haven't found exactly those types on the shelf and want to begin soon.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what kind of oil for successful oilpulling?
Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 17, 2007 07:39PM

Hi Aquadecoco,how are you?
I'm doing oil pulling for more than 4 months now and it is helping me a lot with my sinus infection, and also with my allergy.I do it 3 times a week (I was supposed to do more,but I forget sometimes).One thing is that everyone says that clears up your teeth,but I don't see it on my teeth.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 17, 2007 07:45PM

I forgot to say that I use sunflower oil.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 17, 2007 09:19PM

i use sunflower too seems to be getting results ..just the normal stuff at the grocery smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 18, 2007 05:45PM

Hey Cy and Jodie! -

Thanks, I've been using sesame oil, but only tried it a few times.

Yesterday I pulled twice, while skinbrushing, and an hour later I felt flu-ish. Today I have a 'pimple' on my arm.... so I must have stirred up toxins.

I've decided to oilpull twice a day. I will try sunflower oil if I can find a good one at Capers.

It's hard to pull oil around the lower molars - I wind up swallowing a tiny bit each time. Maybe I'm just not very coordinated??

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 18, 2007 06:10PM

ive tried a few different sesame oils but for some reason the 3 or 4 brands i tried have this off/almost burnt taste that makes me curl my nose lol

i have a bit go down the hatch too aqua tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 18, 2007 06:27PM

The sesame I have is organic, Orphee brand. I love it, but I have tried oils that burn, and that's just weird - makes me think there are processing chemicals left in the oil, though that's probably not the reason it burns.

Jody - wayy off topic, but did you hear about the high level of arsenic in wells in the Fraser Valley?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables