Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

how to induce sweating?
Posted by: flex4life ()
Date: November 22, 2007 10:14AM

I find I have to put forth ALOT of efforts into my workouts to sweat, whereas other people start sweating right away. So, how can I help myself sweat more?

I know my body is asking for it since my skin has been dry and tight.

[www.youtube.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to induce sweating?
Posted by: Kit ()
Date: November 24, 2007 06:43AM

Hi flex4life,

That's a good question.
I have a similar situation. I get lots of exercise & sweat very little compared to others who do way less than me & sweat way more. What gives?

Kit

Date: November 24, 2007 11:04PM

I'm not sure what is up Kit but I am determined to find answers. Sweating is an excellent way to detox and give the skin nourishment. My skin feels dry & uncomfotable til I get a very light sweat going.

So far I have found that sweating might be a practice related thing, if we exercise regularly we will sweat regularly and body will become used to sweating and sweat more so everythime. so its kind of like breaking in a new car, these are just my strange theories smiling smiley

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: November 25, 2007 01:32AM

I drink a lot of water and sweat quite easily...but you're probably drinking lots too, right?

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 26, 2007 02:05AM

Sounds more like just dehydration if your skin is tight and dry..but if that were the case your urine would be on the dark side too.

I don't sweat easily because of my thyroid/adrenals/congested lymph problems which is all connected..But I've found drinking Yerba Mate and herbal teas like Yogi Tea's Peach Detox to help. If you go to yogitea.com and fill out their form they send you free samples.

And rebounding seems to make me break out in a sweat easier/faster than regular excercise..especially if I do it while leaving the electric heater on in the room. lol.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: November 26, 2007 04:34PM

I don't sweat easily too so I do a skin brushing every day.
Flex4life,I'm sure your skin will feel smooth with the skin brushing,it is an amazing detox for the skin.I practically don't use any cream or even too much soap because of that.

LikeItOrNot,I want to get a rebounding and everyone is saying that is wonderful.How long do you exercise in it,and do you loose a lot of weight?And do you feel like you are doing aerobics exercise?

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: November 26, 2007 08:07PM

I'm the same too flex4life I hardly sweat, I too do skin brush every day in morning before a shower, the only other way I break into a sweat is I have a detox bath ( epsom salts) soak for 20mins in a handful of salt, wrap up warm after and drink plenty. Maybe you could also massage some coconut oil in your skin if it is too dry, 0r an avocardo, or include so linseed oil in your diet, I no if I have oils it makes my skin too oily, maybe you could benifit from that at mo.

Date: December 02, 2007 05:01AM

Thanks yall, I really appreciate it!

No, I am not dehydrated, my urine is very clear, I drink tons of water. I just don't think I was doing exercise in the way my body was asking. I have started to bundle up on my clothing and start off with light yoga and then hit the treadmill and weights, I am finally sweating ALOT! I'm gonna have to check out the Rebounder, seems like alot of fun.

Thanks for the advice on skin brushing, I do own a skin brush but did not know that I could do it daily, I think I will do it twice a week since my body gets used to things easily and the effects kind of wane off.

Thanks again and happy holidays!

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2007 05:08AM by flex4life.

Posted by: vegcase ()
Date: December 04, 2007 03:41AM

Put some Cayenne pepper in your water with some lemon. Drink it throughout the day. It gets the blood flowing and should induce more sweat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2007 03:46AM by vegcase.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables