Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ulcerative Colitis
Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: November 28, 2007 09:06PM

Is there anyone on here with experience being raw or other diets (macro?) with U.C.? I'm interested in your stories.
While in remission, natural hygeine / 80% seems to work really well for me, but I am coming out of a flare and the drs have me eating a low-residue diet (low fiber) - not what I want or think is good in the long run but it's too stressful on my system right now.
For a while I really thought I was cured - off all the drugs and everything until something happened and eventually I ended up in the hospital a few weeks ago and learned that my entire colon had become inflamed over the course of two months. So now I am back on drugs again. The Drs warn me that if I 'let it go' again then surgery may be necessary and my risk of cancer increases.
A lot of things I've learned on here have really helped me: juicing, flax oil and other foods. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Much love,
OneSource

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ulcerative Colitis
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 30, 2007 02:58PM

Hi oneSource--
I'd like to recommned you check out Dave Klein's website and book if you haven't already. He healed himself of colitis years ago and he's written a book about it and is also available for consultations. He's helped a lot of people heal from these problems. I'm sorry I don't have the link handy, but if you google Dave Klein + ulcerative colitis I'm sure you'll find it.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: December 03, 2007 10:44PM

This resource has come from a dear friend of mine daignosed with colitis who now suffers only IBS "attacks" if she takes the wron food or common medications doctors prescribe. It may be useful to you as she describes which foods may aggravate/help in your situation.

It is NOT a raw site but may be an aid of some sort: [www.helpforibs.com]

good luck!

Posted by: oneSource ()
Date: December 04, 2007 06:34PM

Thanks guys.
I actually have David Klein's book and that is how I got on this path to begin with a few years ago... I guess I am just wondering if people think that UC is 'curable' b/c I am a bit confused about it right now after all that has happened. I am not invested in acting like a victim whether the disease is curable or not - all there is to do is manage myself and my health. So the question is: on a healthy raw diet, 'should' there be no symptom of U.C. in a person who has been previously diagnosed and will it heal? or will the body go to it's thrown autoimmune response?
I realize this is a much greater theoretical question related to toxicity ... I wonder b/c I had this flare after eating a very clean diet for about two years, and being vegetarian for 3.5 Maybe two years is just not enough to clean out twenty years of a 'toxic' cooked diet?
Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 14, 2007 06:23PM

David Klein had and healed his ulcerative colitis, and he has helped many people to heal theirs. However, this is not a cure, where you can get "cured" and then go back to your old lifestyle. This is because the old lifestyle was the cause of the disease, and the only way to be free of UC is to remove the cause.

The medications will only suppress your symptoms and make your illness worse in the long run. The true health will only come from improvements in lifestyle: a clean low fat raw vegan diet, plenty of rest and sleep, exercise, fresh air, sunshine, removing stress, anxiety, worry, etc.

It could very well be that the 20% cooked you are eating is keeping you from completely healing. If it were me, I would rather play with eating all raw than taking medication.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables