Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Candida question?
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: November 30, 2007 03:32PM

I've been told I have candida in the gut, Ive been eliminating wallaby treats bars & replacing them with raw recipies, that contain fruit & nut, but I got told to cut these, as I have I am loosing to much weight I was 7st 4, now 6st 13 don't want to loose anymore, don't know weather to cut fats or fruit? I seem to be getting alot of wind, fermentation since eating raw too.
How do you help the body process all the good fats in the body without causing candida & hormone inbalances?

Be greatful for any advice geting so down with it all & confused!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Candida question?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: December 02, 2007 03:36PM

Hey bracken--
The current raw diet of choice in most circles seems to be 80/10/10, and I've heard of people healing candida with strict adherence to it, but I'm not so sure it's the only game in town. In my own experience (I've had problems with candida in the past) it helps to limit extra-starchy or sugary fruits... bananas come to mind.

Another approach is greens and low glycemic vegetables and fruits, and some, but not too much fat. Also maybe along with a temporary course of probiotics.

I know that Doug Graham has also said that you can heal stubborn candida with a water fast. Maybe you could try 80/10/10 diet + intermittent short fasts.

Hope I didn't just contribute to more confusion! ;-p

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 03, 2007 10:00PM

I have read so many conflicting things. Most of the things I have read from actual people who have cured their candida , mostly on this web site (you can archive some threads in the past year from the main forum), have cured it with a low fat diet. I personally have been too addicted to fats to achieve that. After reading about candida and cancer here [www.rawfoodsupport.com] I decided to try Sodium Bicarbonate. After a long struggle with a pretty horrible case of candida, I have finally found relief by taking SB. I have not had a perfect diet and I believe the best answer is probably 80-10-10. Without a perfect diet I am staying symptom free with the SB. I believe alkalizing the body will eventually work for me.

Good luck!

Posted by: Nessi ()
Date: December 03, 2007 10:40PM

pkd4fun,

I am so curious to hear about how you take SB, do you have any recommendations?

I love raw foods yet also find myself clinging to denser foods which make the Candida diet a challenge for me.

I am so encouraged by everyones experience!

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: December 04, 2007 06:48AM

Cheers everyone for your help!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: December 04, 2007 03:23PM

Nessi, After reading about sodium bicarbonate on that site I took a heaping teaspoon in water in the AM and again before bed for eight days. The morning dose made me ill everytime but the nightime dose did not affect me. I waited to see if my symptoms, which had gone away, stayed away. They came back in a couple of weeks so I started taking just the nightime dose and I am continuing to take it, I have no side affects. I am doing this all on my own so do not take my advise as professional. The only information I am going by is on the site linked in my above post. Feel free to PM me if you like.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 26, 2012 10:31PM

We are going to end up having this blurb of an advertisement for their product line on every single post ever written on this website?!

Turns me off..I wouldn't go view or purchase any of the above products. Spam is spam..and that's not vegan so don't post that crappola here please.

I'm fiesty todaysmiling smiley Hahahaha,...

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 26, 2012 10:34PM

Oh LOL, I just scrolled through that big ole post every time and only read the last bit of the list. Ha.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 27, 2012 04:01PM

While I applaud the removal of the 'blurb' of advertisements although my post above now makes no sensesmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables