Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Body processing fats?
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: December 02, 2007 07:46AM

How does one help the body process the fats from nuts, seeds, & oils?
Consuming these every day I was told it could be the cause of hormone imbalances, candidia, & making you too acidy? I read in Kate woods book that she uses Lecithin to help the liver break down the fats, but I am unable to have this as I have to high oetrogen levels.

Any ideas all?

Ju!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Body processing fats?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 06, 2007 07:14PM

I would think if the nuts are raw and come in the shell they help the digestion with their own enzymes, you could soak the nuts for some few hours also. Or add them into smoothies, or make nut butters out of them.

It's the bile from the liver and the stored bile from the gallbladder that is used to break down the fats, so if your bms are a nice rich brown color then your bile is strong and it should do the job, unless you are still going thru detox issues and breaking up body fat, fats from SAD foods, or overt fats like olive oil, butter, coconut oil, etc.

I often wonder about the oils I put on my skin, I'm sure they soak in, and I've quit using much of that for now, until my body fat % is down. I've been working on improved digestion, and massaging my tummy. There's a fantastic little book called Working The Tummy that you might really enjoy..I found mine at the library and it's on my booklist to purchase. It's excellent to help you answer your question about digestion.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: December 07, 2007 06:15PM

Thanks again, will look up that book!

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 08, 2007 02:24AM

Sorry, the book is called Unwinding the Belly..opps..my faultsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables