Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Urgent!!! Anything to relieve gout pain????
Posted by: new2green ()
Date: December 20, 2007 07:19PM

My husband had an attack of gout. I never heard about it before. He travels a lot and eats all kinds of bad foods. I am starting on raw foods and know if he would be in it with me he would never have it. His knee is swollen as big as a watermelon and the pain is excruciating. I am trying to flush the uric acid from his body with lots of water with lemon, apples and cucumber juice etc, but what to do for the pain????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Urgent!!! Anything to relieve gout pain????
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: December 21, 2007 05:27AM

Braggs Apple cider vinegar and at least 3 T per day for him to start with. In water, in juice, in applesauce..how ever he can take it. Gout is uric acid crystals and that's just the start of what's wrong with him if he has gout. Also, get some burdock root tincture from vitaminshoppe.com or your whole foods store. It comes in a small dark bottle of 1 oz. and I love it for cleansing out uric acid crystals. Take it 3x a day for as long as he has symptoms and until he cleans up his diet and health issues, taking breaks from the supplements are good though. Going with a clean whole plant food diet is best.

He needs to quit drinking caffeine, eating dairy, and red meats at the very least.

Fresh raw foods are excellent, with fresh green/carrot juice being excellent for him.

Love,
Prism

Re: Urgent!!! Anything to relieve gout pain????
Posted by: ericajones80 ()
Date: December 21, 2007 03:41PM

my grandmother had the gout....i hope everything works out for him!

For My Health The Fruit Company Fruit Baskets

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables