Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Urine Therapy
Posted by: ruby ()
Date: January 11, 2008 03:30PM

Hi to everyone,

I have been viewing the forum for years, but this is my first time posting. Love to read you guys; you give me an inspiration to move to healthier and more conscious way of living (not bad now, but can always be better).

I got very intrigued by the URINE THERAPY. Wondering if anyone here had any kind of experience with it.

Stay well.

RUBY

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Urine Therapy
Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: January 11, 2008 05:26PM

I am definitely no expert in this far fetched thinking but I personally do not want to injest or rub something on me that is composed of toxins, bacteria and fat that I am purposely trying to excrete out of me in the first place.

Hope I didn't offend anyone who does do it this is just my honest opinion!

: )

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: January 11, 2008 09:46PM

My limited research seems to indicate that if you are free of disease or toxic contaminants...that this practice is safe. As to how appealing or healthful it is - that is beyond my own experience. I'm sure others that have practiced this can give you some good rubber-meets-the-road advice....recipes...etc. smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 12, 2008 06:26AM

The Indian Ayurvedic system of medicine advocates urine therapy and they see it as sacred customized personal medicine; your urine is balanced to your body to assist it in healing. And it's free, so naturally the western medico-pharmaco cartel would prefer that we keep all the old disinformation and fears intact along with their profits.

This really stirs up westerners with our belief system about things excreted from the body being "bad". As a child I thought that if you even got any urine in your mouth you would die. Most of us probably have experienced places in cities where the street alcoholics relieve themselves and the repulsive smell of that.

A little of the science. The main function of the kidneys is to remove excess water from the blood. Toxins are handled by the liver, intestines, skin and lungs via the outbreath. 95% of urine is water, 2.5% consists of urea and the remaining 2.5% is a mixture of minerals, salt, hormones and enzymes. Urea is toxic in concentrated form in the blood, but is considered therapeutic when ingested with urine.

In my own exploration of alternative healing, urine therapy was presented to me by someone who had a lot of experience with it. I was loaned a book titled, The Golden Fountain: The Complete Guide to Urine Therapy by Coen Van Derkroon. It's pretty comprehensive, written for westerners and still available through Amazon, if you're interested. It turned my "right thinking" upside down on it's head. For instance, urine is sterile unless you have a urinary tract infection.

I was so dubious about urine therapy that I realized I needed to have my own experience. If it was okay for Mahatma Gandhi I might as well give it a go. So I explored it. Great eyewash... ever wonder why the popular over the counter eyewash named Murine, sounds like urine? Murine is manufactured urine - ph and salinity wise. Some other topical uses, rashes, poison oak, and the fastest relief from jellyfish stings - yep, just pee on that fiery jelly sting. And yes, I did finally get my courage up to drink it. Guess what? I didn't die or even gag, but I did get a good laugh out of my old fears. When I felt heavy detox symptoms coming on it was my queue to start the therapy and it worked for me.

If nothing else urine therapy taught me to freely question those who I've let make the rules in my life and to have my own experience.

Posted by: ruby ()
Date: January 12, 2008 01:34PM

Thank you all for replying.

UTI, I really appreciate you sharing your experience with us. I've read a lot on this topic, and cannot agree more with you. I will definitely get a book you recommended, and for everyone else who is interested to read on the subject here is the site where you can download a free ebook:

[www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com]

UTI, the last sentence in your post cannot be MORE TRUE:

"If nothing else urine therapy taught me to freely question those who I've let make the rules in my life and to have my own experience." That can apply to raw food diet, caring for our wounded planet, animal rights... If you do anything different than the "ordinary" you are labeled as a weirdo. That's why I like schmoozing around the Living Foods Community. People have different opinions, and are able to express them without attacking each other, and without judging. In this day and age, that's soooooo refreshing.

Regards to allsmiling smiley))))))))

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: January 12, 2008 03:41PM

I've read about it for years, have friends who swear by it, and I've never gotten over the ick factor enough to try it.

I also get up to pee a couple of times at night so I can't figure out which pee is the first one in the morning. But that's irrelevent. The ick factor does it for me.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2008 03:45PM

Just at first glance...the term "urine therapy" is an odd one. Though I personally would never ingest urine, I do enjoy urinating. I thought "urine therapy" was ballasing the bladder and making sure I rid my urine at a regular schedule for periods of time to exercise and provide maximum and optimum efficiciency for my internal plumbing. Is there any one else who practises this method of urine therapy? Its a great way to fast (water only) and makes a fun game for the self to time the bladder.
Brandon

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: January 14, 2008 11:14AM

Here's a good web site that has a couple of forum topics dedicated to urine therapy 'curezone.com'. Im curious if it is true that urine contains vitamin b12? I read this maybe a month ago on one of the raw food forums but wasn't sure of the source & if it was true. If anyone could clarify this it would be most appreciated. I myself have not seen noticable changes from drinking urine, though it does or at first gave me kinda a sence of well being. I kinda look at it as drinking liquid gold from the fountain of youth lol call me crazy. Let me just say when I first heard of using urine as a skin cleanser years ago or drinking it for health benefits I thought the idea was totally crazy and probably the most disgusting thing I had ever heared of doing, but for some reason when I heard Dr. David Jubb, lifefood nutritionist drank his urine I decided to give it a go. And at first it was terrible, just terrible. I could only sip tiny amounts of it in the shower and I had to hold my nose and it usually made me want to vomit so I gave it for a while but lately Ive been drawn to it and maybe because I've been raw for so long but you know what? It doesn't taste or smell like anything at all. I would prefer it over water if it were more accepted.

Posted by: uti ()
Date: January 14, 2008 02:39PM

Thank you Ruby. This is a tough subject for a lot of western people to discuss openly.

A friend of mine had some words of wisdom which helps me with topics like this, "What would you do or say if you didn't give a @#$%& what other people thought of you?" That doesn't mean that it is okay to intentionally disturb someone's peace by abusing them with your point of view. For instance, urine therapy isn't an appropriate subject to discuss with my 89 year old mother. But in a forum situation everyone is a volunteer, who comes here to share and learn from others.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables