Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

swimmers!
Posted by: Catalpa ()
Date: January 11, 2008 07:26PM

Does anybody out there love to swim? I do! i swim a lot, like a mile or a mile and a half every day or every other day. I am always starving when I get out of the water, so what should I eat to counteract this? protein or starch? Any other thoughts on swimming are welcome!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: swimmers!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 12, 2008 04:52AM

Yes, I love to go swimming and use the jacuzzi, but haven't been able to most of the time since my move. I was going to 24 hour fitness before I moved, and then once moved I have not been able to find a close enough place I like and I don't have the funds for now.

I would take things to the gym with me, lots of water (a gallon jug sometimes although I didn't drink all of it..just wanted to have plenty on hand usually it was only partially full)and some fruits, like bananas. Bananas are good to have as they help replenish electrolytes as Doug Graham states for after exercising.

I think swimming and or playing in the ocean is very curative, especially ones that have natural large kelp beds off shore..like our West coast in SoCa. I didn't know that until recently although I lived in Oceanside for many, many years.

Where do you swim at?

Love,
Prism

Date: January 16, 2008 01:36PM

Well, I'm going to school in Ithaca, NY now so it's pretty cold and snowy. In the fall and summer I like to swim in the beautiful rivers and falls we have around here, but now it's the pool for me. I don't mind the pool though, I always loved swimming as a kid and I associate the chlorine smell with happiness, though I definately prefer lakes, rivers, and the sea if it's an option.

Posted by: maui_butterfly ()
Date: January 17, 2008 08:39PM

right, i don't know what it is about swimming that makes me so HUNGRY afterwards, its so different from any other sort of physical activity. is it because the osmotic balance of your skin cells (largest organ of the body) is all tweaked out and demanding re-regulation?? not sure... i always eat bananas (lots), and drink lemons squeezed into water... maybe for the electrolytes?

Date: January 17, 2008 09:14PM

Swimming burns a LOT of calories. I'm pretty sure that's all it is. Water wicks away your body heat, and sometimes I don't know how hard I'm working out till I get out of the water. I definately love how my skin feels when I've been in the salt water, but I don't think being in the pool or whatever for only an hour would unbalance skin cells.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables