Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Is there any natural way to color hair????
Posted by: joanna2007 ()
Date: January 22, 2008 12:02AM

Well I'm 36 years old and no grey so far... I had golden blonde hair as a child and as I aged (on the sad,SAD diet- I might add) my hair just got darker and darker... not that brunette hair isn't lovely, but with my skin tone blonde seems to look better... I currently am about %75 raw ( tried %100 and just couldn't do it-- detoxing was just waaaay to fast. Anyway, I currently have my hair stylist do high and low lights all over- also know as chemical all over color-- haha! So my question is this? Will my hair ever turn back blonde if I go %100 raw for years? (it is currently a dirty blonde/light brown. I would love to have my old hair back but if this is not possible are there any products out there that are somewhat natural? I have already ordered the Morraco hair items, for cleaning hair--- and I have read some about Henna. Any suggestions? I have read a thread of similar subject here, but am wondering if anyone has any more ideas.

Thanks sooo much for your time!!
Peace be with you!
Joanna

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Is there any natural way to color hair????
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 22, 2008 12:19AM

lemon juice can lighten hair, especially if you sit out in the sun with it on, careful though. the sun is the best, most natural hair lightener i know of.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: January 22, 2008 01:33AM

I recall reading on this forum posts by people whos hair got lighter after going raw.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: January 22, 2008 01:53AM

I know I sound like a broken record, but I like Carrot Juice and Wheatgrass Juice for the hair. It gives it a nice Sheen and turns it Darker. It's good for the whole body too......WY

Posted by: corizza ()
Date: January 22, 2008 10:47PM

My hair has become much more blonde after going raw. Everyone keeps asking me if I dyed my hair. I didn't!!

Date: January 23, 2008 04:50PM

corizza,
was wondering if you were blonde when you were a child... also-- were you brunette or light brown before raw-- and then your hair started growing out blonde? Also, do you spend alot of time in the sun? I tried lemon juice when I was a teenager-- can we say ORANGE!!! it was awful!!! any tips on what you did other than eat raw? How long before it started turning blonde (again?) ?
thanks!

coco-

thanks for responding- tried lemon juice- when i was young- but turned my hair orange... thanks anyway though!

rawgosia,

thanks for your reply as well... checked out thread again, alot of it was about covering greys though... but thanks !!!

wheatgrass yogi,

thanks for your reply but i'm trying to get my hair lighter as opposed to darker- any tips on that? but thanks anyway!!!

Date: January 23, 2008 11:55PM

Hey Joanna!

Have you tried Chamomile yet? I have a friend who swears by it and it is much more gentle than citrus smiling smiley

I have also read that Rhubarb can also lighten hair....

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Date: January 24, 2008 12:59AM

thanks coconut!!! i'll research it. thanks again!!

Posted by: EnlightenmentNow ()
Date: January 24, 2008 02:30PM

I've heard that a deep reddish color is actually the "root" color of our hair and it diverges from there into many different shades. You (or I) might try to crush up the deepest, reddest, most staining fruit possible, and wash your hair with it. Pomegranate, anyone?

[www.oneillpaul.com-a.googlepages.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 25, 2008 05:37PM

I know that Henna and Indigo can me used to lighten hair. You can find them in indian stores or online. And Henna is really good for hair.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: January 29, 2008 07:44PM

I love henna, and there are different shades as well.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables