Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pains in fingers
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: January 23, 2008 07:05AM

Does anyone have any advice? I have been getting pains in my fingers for past few weeks, worse in the morning feel quite tight. I make jewellery, on this keyboard a fair bit. I am 80% raw I keep worring about arthritis my diet is more alkaline then acid, hoping it is just R.S I. Cheers all!

Ju

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pains in fingers
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 23, 2008 04:52PM

If it's not in the joints it's probably not arthritis but you didn't say. You could try a chiropractic correction. I find exercise the best medicine. I sleep better and therefore heal better when I exercise - especially running outdoors. May also be incorrect posture which can affect nerves in your hands?

Posted by: Avocadess ()
Date: February 11, 2008 03:06AM

Maybe carpal tunnel? I got that almost 18 years ago and stave off the pain about 99.9% successfully by wearing a Nikken magnet attached to each wrist (held on by a velcro band made for watches but used to use tennis bands, etc.). Keeps the blood vessels opened up and the blood flowing. Has been a miracle in my life (and no, I don't sell Nikken).

I have one "bio mini" size magnet on each wrist. They have circular north and south poles that look like a bull's eye, but you can't see that unless you tear off the material that is glued on.

Cheapest place to get Nikken magnets is on eBay. Oh, and bigger is not better. The ones the size of credit cards and the ones that are bigger than a silver dollar are actually less gauss than the bio minis which MAY be called something else now but are about the size of a Kennedy half dollar (or about 1.5" or so in diameter).

Was a lifesaver for me. Up until I got the magnets I could only type about 3 minutes a day and then pain shot through my hands and fingers. I got the magnets a week later and I've been typing for a living for the past 17+ years with rare (very rare) pains (except when I have forgotten to wear the magnets, which I almost never forget now).

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 11, 2008 03:12AM

You could try alkalizing baths or soaking your hands in a tub with warm water and some hydrogen peroxide. I love adding hydrogen peroxide (3% solution, from the drug store) to my baths. They really help to loosen up my sore muscles and it just feels terrific.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: February 13, 2008 07:05AM

Thank you for your suggestions all

Love Ju

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables