Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

bladder infection? help!
Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: January 25, 2008 09:20PM

hi, this only happened today and i havn't been to the doctor yet but i think i have a bladder infection. i heard it is very good to drink pomagranite juice or something, is that true? i dont really know what should be particularily good for this kind of thing ... fruit juices or like garlic or something? i was raw all summer long but eat a mixed diet now and do believe in the healing powers of raw food, but i just dont know what the best thing to eat a lot of would be. if anyone has had a similar experience maybe you can inform me!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: bladder infection? help!
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 26, 2008 03:04AM

I believe it is fresh cranberry juice that is good for bladder infections. You might try juicing some fresh cranberries and pineapple and or grapes to help it to not be so bitter tasting. I love adding pineapple juice to cranberry juice. Then I will add the left over pulp from that juice to my smoothies.

You can also take a probiotic, as that will help. Maybe also try doing some healing type baths, like adding Braggs apple cider vinegar to the bath water. Or doing a @#$%& with some of the Braggs in the water too.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: applebaby ()
Date: January 27, 2008 06:15AM

thankyou prism smiling smiley

also this girl at my work today was like ... it's not possible that you're pregnant right? and i was like NO! well technically yes but no !! i really have no idea it feels so weird. at first it was really uncomfortable and i felt a lot of pressure but then it went away but then came back when i went to bed then today i was feeling umcomfortable again in the afternoomn at work then felt different pains kinda then it went away kinda but is still kinda there and it feels weird to pee. anyways i'm seeing the doctor on monday. but i will still drink lots of juices in case it is a bacterial infection!

mmmm and i love pineapple juice !!!! i love all fruit juices !!!!

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: January 27, 2008 07:14PM

Try the "100% Cranberry" juice that they sell in health food stores. It's not raw, but it WORKS. It's about $7/quart. Garlic didn't work for me - I tried juicing it and chewing it up at the rate of a head twice a day - it migrated into a horrible kidney infection.

It could also be a yeast infection. I thought I had a bladder infection 5 weeks after I was pregnant because the symptoms were so similar. Had to use an OTC remedy.

Hope you feel better - that stuff's misery!

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: February 04, 2008 02:19AM

You are probably better by now but I used to have this problem a lot and I have figured out how to nip them in the bud. What works for me is that 100% cranberry juice Angie talked about, which IS bitter but cut it at like 1:4 with water (one part juice) and drink it all day. Drink a whole bottle of cranberry juice a day, also take cranberry pills along with it. Maybe a pill per glass. You can drink extra water too. Lie around like you are sick, because you ARE sick. Eat healthy food, and take some raw garlic like its a pill. Lots of it! Do things that help the immune system, like herbal teas etc. I've take a supplement called D-Mannose that acts like the cranberry juice that bind to the bacteria and prevents it from adhering to the urinary tract. It seemed to work, but its expensive. Good luck! I can cure it in myself in a day or two.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables