Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

like quitting smoking!??
Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: May 20, 2006 08:41PM

Oy yoy, I'm on day 4 of all-raw (not my first time going raw by a long shot, but the first time in awhile like a year) and I feel crummy. my muscles all ache, etc.. Is it withdrawal I wonder, like when quitting smoking...

I really want to get my immune system and my energy up. My baby's almost 7 months old, I recently had the shingles (chicken pox virus hides in nerves and comes out when your system is down) and now baby has the chicken pox...not the first of our health challenges...a breastfeeding takes as much out of you as pregnancy does!!!

Oyyy...

:~} Adrienne

Re: like quitting smoking!??
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 21, 2006 01:01AM

I had some reasonably similar symptoms when I was raw for that long. Here's hoping that your transition is as smooth as possible! I'm still working on it myself (and probably always will be!)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2006 07:53PM

Hey, good luck Adrienne. Hope you and your baby feel better.

Try lots of green vegetable juice. That gets into your cells fast, hydrates and gives you qucik organic minerals (as opposed to mineral suppliments which are not always fully absorbed).

Also coconut oil may be good for you. Breast milk is something like 54% fat if I recall correctly and in many ways coconut oil is similar to it.

Hmm, just Googled around and found this article : [www.emaxhealth.com]

By the way, this the best coconut oil you can buy : [www.qualityfirst.on.ca] - no I don't work for them, I've just tried them all smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2006 07:54PM by NNNNNarz.

Posted by: blissmummy ()
Date: May 23, 2006 10:19PM

Thanks guys~~

Babe's getting over the chicken pox. Unfortunately (or maybe not, according to Rumi hee hee) I "fell off the wagon" today on "day 7" and babe's enjoying (er not) the ramifications--sour stomach! Waah. I do NOT miss the days of him crying his head off over how he feels in his belly. It's a surefire reminder of how important this is...
I felt stressed out today.
I learned some important things through the day, like how continuing my addictive tendencies (cooked shtuff) will prevent the full flowering of my and baby's relationship, and how he needs me to get that close to him, not shoulder him like a burden (like how my parents did) (ouch)
I'm still living with them (the last few months), going to move out in a few weeks decided today!! woohoooo! from the country into the city, but it's gotta be done...
wish me luck! and joy and peace and the same to you...

love, A-head

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 23, 2006 11:22PM

Oh hey, by the way blissmummy, have you heard of the Continuum Concept?

It's a great book, one I'm really glad I've read, about the mother child bond : [www.continuum-concept.org]

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: May 24, 2006 05:51AM

Good Luck, A-head!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables