Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting scar tissue cure
Posted by: suvine ()
Date: February 07, 2008 05:59PM

Does anyone have photos or proof of fasting curing scar tissue?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting scar tissue cure
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: February 12, 2008 01:55AM

I've done a ton of fasts and I'm pretty sure it's done nothing for any of mine.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 18, 2008 10:32PM

i think if you undrestand how / wht scars are about it would be clear how difficult (if not impossible) to reverse scarring .. although the body can heal it to a great degree

the natural layer of skin is made up of skin cells ..when the skin is broken collegen fibers (not skin cells) rush into fill the gap .. making a plug .. if you will ..

because its not made of skin cells it doesnt bleed ..looks shiny and lacks color usually and cant sweat .. suvine that is one of the big problems with people with alot of burn scars ..they cant sweat and therefore can have trouble regulating their body temperature

when you look at skin cells they are in nice little rows all lined up ..when you look at collagen fibers (scars) the fibers run up an down ..left an right ..alot like a tartan kilt pattern so because of the inconsistency of the flow of fiberlines you get the visability of a scar instead of the smooth consistent look of skin ...

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: rawnoggin ()
Date: February 19, 2008 10:14AM

I had some stretch marks on my legs a while ago that cocoa butter/oil and shea butter worked well on (really vigorous massage, everyday where possible). I caught them while they were reddish, rather than white.

Posted by: rost0037 ()
Date: February 20, 2008 03:23AM

I have heard of certain shiatsu-type techniques helping with this, but I don't know how much.

Re: raw food and 'eat right 4 your type'
Posted by: Dada ()
Date: February 20, 2008 05:08PM

Hi, I'like to know if blood type diet matters, I mean, should you still eat only the food that is right for your blood type even though you are 100% raw foodist?
Thanks.

Date: February 20, 2008 09:31PM

The blood type diet is not science, it's myth. Sure looks like science though.

Posted by: uma ()
Date: February 24, 2008 05:54AM

I don't have personal experience with healing scars but have a friend who had a scar disappear on raw. My understanding if you listen to the hygienic point of view on fasting is that the body has its own wisdom of what is most important to heal first so when fasting it sets priorities. I think scar healing would be a very low priority after all the organs, etc. are healed so maybe if my health got to the place of being so spic & span my body didn't have anything else to do on a fast, it might go there. Doug Graham often talks about how people go on a fast with a particular agenda in mind of what they want to accomplish, but that the body has its own agenda.

Love,
Uma

Date: March 03, 2008 03:17PM

Thanks, uma, that makes a lot of sense!

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 09, 2008 02:52AM

Sometimes the best way to get rid of scar tissue is to have it removed by a medical professional and let the body lay down newer healthier tissues that will heal better, taking scrupulous care with post procedure healing, which would of course include eating well.

Posted by: Dada ()
Date: March 12, 2008 02:14PM

Uma, good point! Suvine here is a web site that might interest you. You'll see that the lady had an automobile accident and her scars on her face dissapeared.
www.gersonmiracle.org/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables