Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Skin shedding after being raw for 30 days
Posted by: RawLoveBaby ()
Date: February 12, 2008 11:09PM

After 30 days of eating raw, my skin on my belly, arms, legs, and a little around my eyes started looking all very dry, a little wrinkly. Kind of like a mask. Now, it has started shedding. I feel like a snake! I think I see nice vibrant fresh skin underneath. This seems like a cleansing process to me. Anyone else experience this? My skin is not normally dry, but was looking dull before I went raw.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Skin shedding after being raw for 30 days
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 13, 2008 04:09PM

I don't have the link anymore, but a while ago I read something about a Chinese kung-fu master who was still whooping everyone around him well past the 100 year mark. His diet included a lot of raw food (tomatoes especially), chi work, and martial arts, obviously--but it did mention that at three points in his later life, after the 70's, he experienced a full-body skin shedding. The article couldn't explain why, but figured it had something to do with his awesome health and longevity. =)

Re: Skin shedding after being raw for 30 days
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 13, 2008 06:20PM

Hi RawLoveBaby, i just started doing "dry brushing" twice a day as part of a 30 day cleanse and my skin feels amazing and alive. Here is a great site that lists many benefits and in depth instructions on dry brushing. I can't recommend this enough. It's only been 4 days, morning and night for about 10 minutes, but the change is unreal! Have fun!

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables