Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Experiences with wheat-grass implants/colonics
Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 22, 2008 12:47AM

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a colonic tomorrow with a wheat grass implant at the end. Has anyone here ever done this? I'd be interested to hear peoples experiences. I promise to post mine.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Re: Experiences with wheat-grass implants/colonics
Posted by: mrdc ()
Date: February 22, 2008 04:53AM

Hi Greg

I was thinking of doing a colonic, have you done any before?
was it a good experience if you have?
thanks
peace
dave

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 22, 2008 05:41PM

I felt clean in a place in my body I never expected to after a couple of colonics I had done during my Hulda Clarke period several years ago. I even tried a green coffee enema on myself once at the urging of a friend who was into raw foods then.

Whenever I read Matt Monarch/Fred Bisci I always want to do it again but I read this so I'm always waffling -

[www.rawschool.com]

Posted by: MauiGreg ()
Date: February 22, 2008 09:58PM

I just got back from one and I feel wonderful!

That's an interesting article Dulset. There seems to be some good info, but much of it also seems like opinions. I did like this quote:
"The question you need to ask yourself before you submit to a colonic is, "Once my body's protection is mechanically removed by surging water, will I thereafter be prepared to give my body only the types and amounts of food it needs, and nothing else?" Are you far enough along in your health re-education to even know which foods are appropriate and which ones are not? Have you conquered whatever habits caused you to abuse your body in the first place? If the answer to any of these questions is "no", you should pass on colonics."

For me, I only do them as part of a cleanse and it probably won't be something I continue to do on a long term basis, but I do feel great for days afterwards.

My colonic today was the first time I had a wheat-grass implant. After my 4th filling I held it for about 15-20 minutes. I've got to say that it was (and continues to be) an amazing experience. This was only my 4th colonic ever. I had a series of three about a month after going raw. This is the first day of a ten day liquids only cleanse (greens juices, non-sugary root juices, green coconut water and alkalinized water), so it felt like a good time to clean out some older junk and start fresh.

Aloha Nui Loa,

Greg

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices. - William James

There is no pill that can be swallowed,
There is no guru, that can be followed, - Michael Franti (Pray For Grace)

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. - Albert Camus

Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: February 25, 2008 03:28PM

I think I will try it some day. Thanks for the input, it was helpful.

Dulset

Posted by: Simple Living ()
Date: February 27, 2008 12:55AM

Posted by: MauiGreg (IP Logged)
Date: February 21, 2008 06:47PM

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a colonic tomorrow with a wheat grass implant at the end.

Hey Greg, don't you mean in your end?! Ha! Couldn't resist!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2008 03:51AM

i agree -- you've gotta be able to stop putting in more "glunk" if you're going to do a colonic

also, it might be hard to understand that it is, indeed, necessary to do a series of around 10 colonics when you first try them (these can be spread over a few months)

people don't seem to explain the many possiblities that you've created by stressing out the whole job the colon does -- there's all kinds of effects from years of eating poorly (the blood supply, the lymph, the liver, the toxin "planted" all around the area where the colon is situated, the muscles which work the movement in the colon, etc., etc., etc.)

i read Bernard Jensen's book (this does help give you some overall background and some decisiveness about colonics), but i still thought colonics involved only cleaning contents away, something like washing out a pitcher and getting the old debris away

but after doing 3 or 4, i realized that there WAS, in fact, more work to be accomplished

when you begin, it's not just a matter of cleaning the contents of the colon -- it's many factors that have to be brought back into proper working order

the colon does a big job, but that's if it is in good working order -- just because you're not near hospitalization, that doesn't mean the colon is actually doing it's job

another factor in this is that there's less nerves in the area

eating cooked food and other irritants like wheat/grain (which you should be well on your way to largely cutting out of your diet) also prevents any good feedback all over the body -- you're just too busy working on that cooked glunk EVERYWHERE to get very much meaningful feedback into the brain concerning your diet and how it affects your organs, your hormones, your feelings, and even about the effects of impaired colon processes -- there's areas around the colon that are a bit low on feedback "by design" (there's not a lotta nerves there in the first place)

SO DO NOT plan to put just any old standard processed food into your digestive system after doing colonics -- like the MauiGreg indicated above, you have to be ready to maintain a really good, mostly raw diet

after you do that introductory series (you colon therapist will help you learn some of the reason why this whole process happens like this) -- you can just tell WHEN you might benefit from a colonic

i usually try to be very much aware of how, what, and when i put things in my mouth for a week if i feel some effects which i think come from mucous or toxins residing in some area of the colon

it's often general body inflammation that doesn't change -- just a bit of fluids [inflammation] in all my tissues, spongy skin, fingers, etc., for example

often i can sense some area of the colon is slightly more sensitive, i'll get a vague tenderness, maybe during bending or exercise

and if diet and fluids and more really watery foods don't work it away, i'll do a colonic

if you really gulp down foods or spend a few days visiting with relatives and eat raw restaurant salads or side dishes (especially if you've eaten at a restaurant where any salad bar item could have many kinds of "unfriendly" bacteria that could cause some reactions in the colon or it's lining, for example, slowing down the colon as it absorbs the fluids out of chyme that feeds in from the small intestine) -- you might notice some negative changes in days ahead from some things you've consumed or even from food combining that prevents full digestion in your stomach

but here, again, if you're just plugging yourself all the time with any old [so called] food -- you'd never be able to determine on your own when a colonic should happen

but if you're well into transitioning to raw or mostly raw foods, i could certainly understand following the often heard suggestion of doing a colonic once a month or so

you also hear a general recommendation that anyone should realize that they would benefit from at least 2 colonics per year (or even yearly, but i would guess this mean "yes, just at least CONSIDER colonics, even if yearly"winking smiley -- but once again, you have to be SOMEWHAT concious of health matters -- yeah, they'd help someone who's watching out for themselves

for SERIOUS MEDICAL conditions, apparently colonics can be lifesaving -- but there are VARIOUS and STRICT parameters that need to be observed -- and usually the colonics are done more than once per day for some extended period of time

this kind of colonic treatment MUST be done in conjunction with a well-educated, trained, and experienced professional

like every aspect of raw fooding, YOU, YOURSELF, have to be the determining factor -- this does mean self-education, but once your body starts responding, you have a much easier life and the decisions in every area of your health become VERY EASY

it's sometimes hard to get clarity just by reading about colonics -- "WHAT SHOULD I DO, REALLY ?" is something you wanna know -- but you DO have to ASK this and try to find out

colonics are definitely helpful, the people who say they have NO value are talking about the average person who's stuffing the same old Standard American Diet "foods" through their bodies, i.e., people who HAVE done this for years and are going to go right on doing that

okay, they're NOT going to get anything much out of a colonic (even if they do the introductory series)

but you CAN LEARN and do a colonic AND benefit greatly

if you're not ready to go ahead, keep your mind open -- keep learning in other areas -- keep getting on with a better way of putting things in your mouth and in your mind and in your life and someday, you will probably experience FOR YOURSELF the answers to any and all questions about doing a colonic

i apologize for this long post -- but i'm only trying to provide another look at this for you, because the real answers come directly to you through your own body as well as blogs and books and literature -- and until your body is playing a major role, you'll have to go through some of this reading and learning any number of times

best wishes and keep good, think good thoughts, some say, think only good thoughts (and you can)

Jerry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables