Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Animal Sanctuary/Raw Foods Community
Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: October 13, 2008 03:52AM

I'm looking for a career change! My heart and gut tell me that it has to do with animal welfare but my student loan statements tell my brain it's not, financially, the 'right' time to pursue it. I've been looking online at some different animal sanctuaries around the country and it seems that 'volunteer' is the magic word as I don't have an official animal care background. I would like to volunteer at the local Humane Society but most places require you to have health insurance when dealing with animals, which I do not. Now, in my ideal world, I would be working with animals and in a community (or at least a house) that is raw-food minded. It's a long shot, but does any one know of such a place? I would need to make enough money to pay my loans every month and keep a roof over my head so it would have to be a paying job. I'm a hard worker, honest and reliable. I currently live in Wisconsin, 25 yrs old.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Animal Sanctuary/Raw Foods Community
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 01, 2009 09:02PM

still lookin?

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 12, 2009 02:02AM

You would not want to work for the humane society but maybe someplace like the Helen Woodward Animal Sanctuary in SoCal.

Where are you at Andy? I could use a job here in Oceanside, Ca.smiling smiley or nearby.

Love,
Prism

Date: November 06, 2009 04:51PM

Yes, I am still looking. smiling smiley

Date: November 07, 2009 04:50AM

kiki_day~

your "calling" is almost 100% where i'm @ mentally AND physically!

(minus the school loan aspect)

i do know of a place, in WI, they have a BIG CAT sanctuary, among other exotic creatures, but i have yet to check it out in person.

you need a membership, like $50 bucks or something, i'm just a bit apprehensive of what i might see...

aside from that, i too feel more than just overly empathetic toward animals who suffer.

like it's my soul CAUSE.

Date: November 08, 2009 07:44PM

I think I know what one you are talking about--is it in Sharon, Wi? I really want to go!! I saw they had an ad up on craigslist once but of course you needed previous animal care experience. Regardless, I still am itching to check it out. Yesterday I went to a bird sanctuary (for Raptor Day!) just north of Milwaukee at the Schlitz Nature Center. Are you from Wi?

Date: November 22, 2009 02:33AM

This is a BIG stretch, but if you are still looking for a place perhaps our community is what you seek. We are in our infancy and have much to do to make our little perma-culture happen.

We are a vegetarian, spiritual minded community. We are not 100% raw, nor are we a sanctuary in the familiar use of the word. We are, however animal lovers and allow no meat consumption on the property.

We house an average of 35 goats here, and do make our own raw goat milk cheese and yogurt. Our diet is mainly wholefoods.

If this sounds perhaps, like your home, please check us out: www.organicfreedom.com

Bright Blessings,
Cherri

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables