Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Harsch Fermenting Crockpot - 75 dollars plus shipping
Posted by: dancerinthenight ()
Date: January 30, 2007 11:41PM

This is a great addition to any raw food kitchen. I have never used it. It is heavy and so I would charge for shipping. However the unit cost me over 150 originally and so I think it is a great deal. Read more:

The patented original Harsch crockpot is stoneware. It is fired at 1200 degress C
and finished with a leadfree glaze. It is suitable for almost
all types of vegetables like cabbages, pumpkins, cucumbers, carrots, beans,
celery, onions and peppers. Stoneware does not require special storage or
use and is neutral for all fermenting vegetables. In just 4-6 weeks you can have delicious fermented vegetables.

The Harsch fermentation crock has a special cast gutter in the rim, and includes a ceramic cover which fits into the gutter which is filled with water thus creating the air lock. Gases from
the fermentation can escape, but air can not enter the crock from outside. The pasty, white "kahm yeast" which develops on the kraut in
ordinary crocks does not develop with the Harsch crocks. The Harsch crock comes with a 2 piece stone that it used to weigh down the lid and apply pressure during the fermentation process so there is not need for you to use your own stones.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Harsch Fermenting Crockpot - 75 dollars plus shipping
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 06, 2007 05:12PM

I'm interested in this. Is there a website for this product that I could check out?

Date: February 06, 2007 05:18PM

I just googled it. Looks great! If I send you out a money order, how much would I include for shipping?
Thanks!

Date: April 11, 2007 06:05PM

Is it still for sale? I'd like to know what size it is.

Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables