Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Organic Farm in California offers accomodations for pickers
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 21, 2007 09:04PM

We are a 28 year established organic fruit farm located in the Ojai Valley of central California, 12 miles from the ocean & surrounded by mountains. Right now we need a hand here on the land picking Persian mulberries, and will provide living-space, a bicycle and fruits in season for volunteers willing to help 3 hours per day. You would need to provide the rest of your own food and meet any other expenses.
We grow: avocados, mulberries, pomegranites, figs, apples, Asian pears, apricots, oranges, sapotes, loquats, cherry plums, pineapple-guavas, jujube, persimmon, lime, lemon, grapefruits, tangelo, pummelo, blood orange, prunes, carob...etc.
The local backcountry is awesome for canyoneering with plenty of waterfalls, deep pools and a few hot springs. The climate here is mediterranean.
We would like to connect with environmentally conscious earthy folks for this living situation and work.
Check out our photo album at: [photos.yahoo.com]

Contact us direct at: guanche19@hotmail.com

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Organic Farm in California offers accomodations for pickers
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: June 22, 2007 04:08AM

Oh my god that sounds so cool! Thanks for posting this, that would be such a neat vacation from city life. Growing up as kids we were always in or around gardens - 3 hours picking things goes by fast. It's kind of fun.

Make sure you post this on some NYC website too. Free lodging and trees - it's exactly what we need.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 23, 2007 02:54PM

freaking gorgeous esp. the incredible waterfalls... looked so groovin just hangin out and whatnot

but i'm soooo laaazy i know that i'll get bit by the snooze and sun bug

i wanna just loll about sipping on mulberries

and sleep in between the sage and the sapotes listening to bumblebees and turtle doves

zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

is that okay?

do i actually hafta LIFT a finger?

darn!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2008 03:53PM

Do you still need volunteers for your farm? Please let me know, Carmen

Posted by: fruitgirl ()
Date: August 17, 2008 02:27AM

la v

i bet you could charm the bees and doves to do the picking

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables