Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Need to GAIN weight!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 02, 2007 03:00AM

Hi everyone! 1st post! I'm currently trying to get back into the raw lifestyle and my main concern is how it will help in gaining weight. I'm male, 5'9" @ 120lbs. Went through a little heartache a few months back and I lost about 25lbs. Now I struggle to keep my pants up! Target weight is 150lbs.

OK, so that's my problem, this is my situation. I am limited in what I can prepare because I no longer have a juicer, dehydrator or Vita-Mix blender. Also, I'm not 100% sure what I should concentrate on in regards to pro-weight gain foods. I'm a novice by any stretch of the imagination. But I do make a mean raw lasagna! Also, I've yet to establish a full 3 meal a day regimine because I lack the necessary foodie brain needed to do so. I don't know what to "cook." It's kind of a vicious circle. I'm too skinny cause I don't eat enough and I don't eat enough cause I don't know what to make which is why I'm still skinny! And I really don't care for non-veggie/raw foods. Which is what the majority of the weight gainer's resources recommend.

If there is someone who would like to take me under their wing for a short spell and help me develop a consistant diet, that would be super. It's more difficult still since I work in the construction industry which often puts me out of town and away from reliable markets.

All help and recommendations are greatly appreciated and I wish you all the best! Thanks

-Kent

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Need to GAIN weight!
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 02, 2007 02:32PM

Maybe you should try searching this site for ideas.

I don't know anything about how to gain weight on raw, but other people have said they first lost weight, then regained it on raw - it seems to have lots to do with the health of your body, not only what you eat and how many calories.

Lots of luck with raw, I know it's hard to get decent food in your circumstances.

Date: September 02, 2007 06:34PM

Thanks for the reply! I'll keep combing through the site until I find what I'm looking for. But the trouble comes when the fantastic recipes need tools! Ultimately I need to find high calorie recipes. The hunt continues!...

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: September 02, 2007 07:28PM

go to Fruitarian 1's site, he's not underweight and eats only fruit (for several years)

If a body isn't healthy it can't use food efficiently and some people must @#$%& out the calories etc, while others, like me, develop organ illnesses and hormone problems. So making your body cleaner will allow it to utilize what you put in it.
I think Bryan said he can feel his body saturated with nutrients now, after 5 years cleansing and raw. It's a whole different experience than the way most of us live, and way better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2007 07:32PM by aquadecoco.

Date: September 03, 2007 10:50PM

Thanks for the info. I'll definitely check it out. Makes sense with the cleansing and absorbtion of nutrients. I'm just in a position where I need to get the weight on quickly as it's become a problem with regard to work performance. I'm not excited about the prospect of eating high caloric junk for the simple sake of adding "filler" weight.

Also, are there supplements that I could take in the interim?

Posted by: jono ()
Date: September 14, 2007 02:56AM

Calorie dense foods: nuts, shelled hempseed, coconuts/oil, olives/oil.

Posted by: kris5194 ()
Date: October 22, 2007 11:16PM

Hi kent,
My husband is 5'11 and weighs about the same.He is 100% raw as of 6 mo.approx.He has recently been reading Arnold Ehret's book Mucusless diet and is reall excited about that.Different types of poisons in the body can cause weight loss or gain,depending on the type of poison and the individual.He has LOTS of mercury fillings in his mouth and I beleive the body dumps fluid in its attempt to detoxify mercury,because it is not water soluable and by reducing water "weight"the body is better able to clean out the heavy metals.If you like,you may call and talk to James personally at 606-674-9782 He has more strength and energy(if I may say so!)than he did at 155 lbs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables