Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Off the Grid, but Plugged In (NY Times article)
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: May 30, 2008 05:46AM

"SOMETIMES you just want to get away from it all. And that doesn’t mean simply turning the phone off. For some second-home owners it means escaping everyday stress by going off-grid — living life more or less unplugged."

[www.nytimes.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Off the Grid, but Plugged In (NY Times article)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 30, 2008 12:40PM

"Nick Rosen, editor of Off-grid.net, bought his retirement home this way. “I wish I could claim great ideological purity or trend-spotting brilliance, but I stumbled across the off-grid life because it was all I could afford,” he said in an e-mail message. “I bought a MOUNTAINTOP shepherd’s hut in Majorca,"

Note that was in Majorca.

Soon you won't be able to buy any land on the mountains that you can build on, because 'they' are taking away our property rights, and doing a huge 'land grab'. In Virginia, there are already many laws to prohibit building on anything above certain elevations, certain slopes, near any water at all, even underground streams. The latest trick where I live is that they made a law that you can't build a new structure if your driveway isn't big enough for a firetruck to turn around in.

So forget about BUILDING a home in the mountains and near any water. The best you can do right now is buy an existing structure.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables