Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What do you do...
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: June 25, 2008 12:26AM

when life's path splits in front of you and you don't know whether to go left or right? It isn't clear what way to go because both paths seem concurrent with the things that you want from life, just in different ways. Do you listen to the ether for clues? Play eenie meenie miny mo? I am just curious because I am in the situation. It is exciting, a tinge stressful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you do...
Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: June 25, 2008 12:46AM

Yeah definately.. flip a coin. I'm a good one to talk, I'm a procrastinator smiling smiley. There is an ancient samurai proverb which states something to the effect of, "any important decision should be made within the space of seven breaths". Posed to embody their passion for initiative, but also the virtue of committing to ones path fully. I like that saying.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: June 25, 2008 01:39AM

Joanne,I think that the best thing to do is wait and see.I am in a weird situation now that I have no idea what to do with my life,so I'm waiting,taking a little vacation,and seeing what to do.
Waiting for the universe to gives me an idea.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: June 25, 2008 03:17AM

Wait as long as reasonable, then make a choice and learn from it smiling smiley

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: June 25, 2008 04:40AM

i access both sides, research both sides (if possible), try to look at other forks and things that could pop up from a choice,talk to my inner self and wait and listen....then i do as thomas said

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 26, 2008 08:40AM

no matter which path you navigate towards, you will learn something and it will be an adventure and u can always change paths later...

(there is an exception to that when it comes to relationships... but i do digress)

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 26, 2008 04:12PM

In my PERSONAL life....I set goals to have fun and live my dreams and passions. In my PROFESSIONAL life, I ask those that have been successful what they think of my plans....and then I do what they tell me.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: June 27, 2008 06:57PM

I'm a kind of stuck right now.I miss so much my Country,my family and friends.
I'm here in US for 14 years now,married. I came to study and I met my husband 10 years ago.Our life is wonderful,but I'm having problems with some of his relatives
(the luggage that we get after marriage).Well,I have wonderful friends here,but it is diferent from Brazil were we are much closer. But I miss so much my life there,the weather,evrything.I don't know what to do.My husband wants to go there for a long period of time,but for now he can't because of work.Also,I have a brother there that is a handful,oh boy,....it's not easy to be around him,so as you see, my husband has problems with my side of the family too.
I don't know what to do.I really love here,but I miss so much there,and I made myself a promiss that 2008 I'll have my Christimas on Summer.I can't understand or feel christmas time cold (it's too weird for me).

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: June 27, 2008 08:31PM

Cy, if that is the extent of your problems consider yourself to be very blessed!

Date: June 28, 2008 03:34AM

Thank you Arugula.You are completly right.We have some small other problems,but this is the big one right now.I'm extremly "home sick" thought I'll go there on August,but must be that.

Date: June 28, 2008 02:50PM

i have a friend who is from brazil

she just left two days ago to visit for a month

she says americans are really "cold and distant" compared to brazilians

i think it will do her good to go back and visit her friends and the warmth of her country

she is from fortaleza

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 28, 2008 03:18PM

I know how you feel, Cy. I'm a native to the USA, but I spent the first 45 years of my life in California and moved to Massachusetts two years ago. The two areas are so different in so many ways -- the weather is terrible 12 months out of the year. My partner says it's a sunny day when you see the sun for five minutes. It rains almost every day. It's humid -- I hate humidity. The winters are cold, and changes in the weather make me achy, so I'm always achy. The people here are a lot different than in California, too. I have made friends, but I miss my old friends and my family a lot. I am going there in August for a week for my grandma's 90th birthday. My older daughter needs three surgeries and she is a single mom with two little kids. I want to be there for her, but I can't now. I miss my mom and sisters too. We moved out here so David (my partner) could be near his family, but we do plan to go back eventually, probably not for a few years though. So I totally sympathize with you. Arugula is right, though, it could always be worse.

Date: June 28, 2008 07:13PM

La Veronique,if she is from Fortaleza,northeast of Brasil she is very party like,very happy,talks a lot,very up beat.I'm from Minas,southeast,farm people,much more quiet though.Completly diferent accent than mine.Fortaleza has carnaval all year,not like Bahia,but I believe it's a little bit like that.
Yes,we are much warmer,and closer than americans.We love to get together with friends and talk,sing,dance,drink,eat,and do nothing,just stay together.

Sundancer,I live in Boston for almost 2 years,I went to BU there,and that was cold,frozen.Oh my !the snow didn't stop ,forever.I know what you are saying.Also when I was there I met a couple from California and they were home sick all the time.Aruga is completly right,I know,but "saudade" (a word in Portugues meaning longing,missing,when your heart is aching for someone of something) is very hard.

Date: June 29, 2008 01:18AM

<<La Veronique,if she is from Fortaleza,northeast of Brasil she is very party like,very happy,talks a lot,very up beat.>>

HA HA HA! this is so true. ... i think she was SHOCKED... when she moved to the U.S. and found out that people were not like this

consequently, she tends to specifically date men who smile a lot, are warm, happy, upbeat and (according to her) " great kissers" LOL smiling smiley

Date: June 29, 2008 07:29PM

That's is Northeastern brazilian people.They "samba" all the time ,and dance all the time.And also braziliians love to kiss.That's a huge true.

Date: June 30, 2008 06:34PM

she just ditched a dude cuz he wasn't a good kisser LOL smiling smiley

she thinks there is something wrong with him cuz he can't kiss "correctly"

i think that's hilarious

she thinks that americans are strange because they don't hug and kiss a lot

if i meet a guy for the first time, i will shake his hand

she thinks that's a riot

she says she would hug the guy and kiss him

i say that would give him "ideas"

she thinks i'm crazy LOL smiling smiley

Date: June 30, 2008 11:40PM

Yes,if we meet sombody we hug and kiss twice.In my State we kiss 3 to 4 times.
If you meet sombody in Brasil and don't hug and kiss them they (we) think you are weird.
My sister got a little upset with my husband because she introduced her friend's daughter,a 16 year old beautiful girl,and my husband didn't hug and kissed her,just shook her hands.Everyone was looking at my husband in disbelieve,and I had to explain why he did that.They thought he didn't like the girl,but he had to explain that here in US to hug and kiss a 16 year old girl is very dangerous also.Nobody there can grasp that.Only when we live here that we can understand.

I understand what you are saying about the "ideas". I had some men after me here because I was always kissing them in their cheeks,and also I was talking a lot,smiling....I couldn't understand why they were after me,and my husband had to explain me why.Now,I'm much more reserved (for a brasilian).
In Brasil this doesn't happen.If the guy wants something he will tell you,or he will make you know. The kisses in the cheek don't do anything in a brasilian man.It is just a formality,you are just saying hello with kisses.

About the kisser guy that your friend ditched,yes,this happens.Brasilians love to make out ALL THE TIME,and if the person don't kiss well,so,there is no point in being with that person.

Date: July 01, 2008 11:40AM

cy,

you are describing her EXACTLY!

yeah, she doesn't see the point of being with a guy if he doesn't know how to kiss

i was about to point out other important things such as

PERSONALITY

but i don't think it jives with her

kissing is number one on her list

a guy's personality comes somewhere below that LOL smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2008 11:41AM by la_veronique.

Date: July 01, 2008 08:30PM

It is because she wants to have "fun" in life,making out and going to parties.
She doesn't want any serioous relationship.In fact,in Brasil nobody wants a serious relationship.If you meet sombody and happens to like him/her and the relationship gets serious,great!! if not,that's fine.The primary thing is to have fun,enjoy life and having a good kisser is one of life's great thing.We all think like that there.
It's very child like thinking,evrything is party and be happy.

Date: July 01, 2008 11:07PM

cy:

<<It's very child like thinking,evrything is party and be happy>>

i wanna change my nationality from american to brasilian... is this possible? LOL smiling smiley

Date: July 02, 2008 04:50PM

sure,there are a lot of brasilians that would love to be with you,I'm pretty sure about that,or you can go there and just stay forever,or you can get a job there ,many things you can do.
I am thinking in come back there too.

Be careful: sometimes it is too much fun and if you are like my sister,very serious person,you get a little upset with too much carnaval and fun.

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 09, 2008 05:10AM

wow JoAnne, your thread got hijacked. Coming back to your original post--- I think everyone will have 'great advice' to give you because whatever they say is whatever works for them, or whatever they wish could work for them. Personally, I had been an expert analyzer (sp?) since I could choose red or blue, but I didn't feel that it was helping any, in most situations. I really like that saying that was posted about making a choice in 7 breaths.. Of course, interpret that as one will... to me it jives with my somewhat new way of deciding, pick one, forget the other. I also do NOT make any life altering changes unless things are GOOD.. which may sounds odd because usually people change when things "aren't working" ... but i also will throw in this saying which is TRUE so true for me: wherever I go, there I am. If things arent good now, and I change it up.... the new thing wont be good either. because ultimately there I am... unable to see that ITS ALL GOOD......... good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables