Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ANTS in my pants
Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 09, 2008 08:16AM

A million tiny ants have made my home their home.

I dont like the idea of poisons/bait. I feel guilty contemplating killing them. If it were a stray ant, I would pick it up and put it outside, or leave it alone and point it out to my son... now that they are everywhere, I just dont know what to do!

What are some solutions that dont involve chemicals, or is there such a thing as a "live" ant trap,.? smiling smiley Please help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ANTS in my pants
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 09, 2008 02:03PM

get a thing of vinegar

soak a sponge in it

paint the surface and corners of your kitchen , doorway... whatever

ants don't like vinegar

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 09, 2008 03:04PM

I once had an ant problem. It began with me just scooping them up and bringing them outside, but then it got to a point where there were too many for me to handle and I thought I would have to kill them. I sat down next to them and asked aloud for the ants to leave. I told them that otherwise I would have to kill them. Later on that day (surprisingly enough) they were gone and didn't come back. This was probably all just a strange coincidence and I am not saying it will work, but it wouldn't hurt to try. smiling smiley

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 09, 2008 11:31PM

Thank you very much! I will use both suggestions with the indoor ants.

My bell pepper plants are getting devoured outside in the past few days. I have heard about planting garlic in between, or onions? Maybe the vinegar will work outside too.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: July 10, 2008 02:00AM

Ants don't like certain herbs and spices. I'm not sure which ones, but they wont cross a line of cinnamon. Also. The natural detergent booster called Borax works. It's a powder like backing soda, you pour a line around the baseboards and door thresholds.

Good luck! Hope that helps!

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 10, 2008 03:12PM

I got rid of ants by tracking down where they were coming in and thoroughly chalking the cracks. After alot of work they were denied entry.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 11, 2008 04:59PM

hey brome

caulking or chalking?

confused

Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 11, 2008 08:11PM

Sorry. I meant caulking. With a caulking gun run a bead down the crack. Smooth and wipe with a damp cloth for a clean even joint.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 12, 2008 05:47PM

rosemarry, i have heard. grind it into powder in a spice mill and put a line down at all entry points. with the vinegar i'd outline the whole door and window frames, ants don't just stay on the floor! grinning smiley

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 12, 2008 08:34PM

i`ve heard marigolds as well keep bugs away but i`m not sure about ants
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables