Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What do you think of this thought?
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 11, 2008 02:44PM

Every person has a story about the workings of the world. They sing songs of god, the truth of being and of all beginnings. They sing infinitely diverse melodies from joyful, sweetly innocent, rapturous, turbulent, violent, sorrowful and all in between. Life experience consciously and unconsciously tunes every song. Often people become addicted to their lyrics and unconscious of their melody. Collectively this has turned the world symphony into a static fog. People forget that although mesmerizing and beautiful, words are merely tools to serve as bridges. Unless this is realized, words will always be inadequate. We should examine our own song and tune it to the proper melody. The lyrics are unimportant. The most harmonic melody is encased in the vibration of love.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What do you think of this thought?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:02PM

I love it! And I've always believed that are language banks are kind of a liability, and it's the space between our thoughts (where the vibration of love probably lives) that is the real point of power, and not our thoughts so much.

Beautiful, Joanne!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 11, 2008 03:18PM

Kwan - I like how you stated it - as "the space between the thoughts". I won't forget that.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 11, 2008 03:26PM

i agree with you joanne

i think we all need to be quiet in order to immerse ourselves into the collective melody

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: July 11, 2008 04:11PM

The notes I handle no better than many pianist. But the pauses between the `notes-ah, that is where the art resides!
Artur Scnabel

Date: July 11, 2008 04:58PM

i also think that HOLDING the notes is very important

instead of just smelling the rose for one second and moving on

smell that rose or plumeria or whatever other wonderful thing for a longggg time

hold that note (scent, experience, moment, memory)

life is short
cherish your friendships/relationships

nature
and yourself

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 11, 2008 06:59PM

"We should examine our own song and tune it to the proper melody."

Well said.

Sadly people aren't so interested in truth & beauty, they want to hear what they want to hear (even if it's disjointed & harsh, it's stimulates the disjointed and harsh within them so it feels somehow comfortable). Rush Limbaugh just got a $40 million dollar contract.

Date: July 11, 2008 07:05PM

Great quote, riverhousebill. I really love Beethoven for that reason.

Beautiful point la-veronica!

Good point community-builder. I think only the ego likes the disjointed and harsh. That will never bring value and joy, even if they are making millions of dollars.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: July 12, 2008 04:31AM

communitybuilder--

>Sadly people aren't so interested in truth & beauty, they want to hear what they want to hear (even if it's disjointed & harsh, it's stimulates the disjointed and harsh within them so it feels somehow comfortable). Rush Limbaugh just got a $40 million dollar contract.<

Seems that way most of the time, doesn't it? I'm keenly aware of this in my own life, because I'm a street musician who plays original meditation music. In the 1980s and early '90s there was a different vibe in my city, and I attracted pretty big crowds with my music, and I could play anywhere I wanted in the Square. Now the crowds are a little smaller, and I find I need to go to one specific traffic island that's surrounded by trees and grass to get that special 'feeling' and ambience that allows me to play for 2 or 3 hours straight with total abandon and joy, communing with nature, my Inner Being and a few ecstatic souls who come to listen who are starved for this sort of thing and really appreciate it. Curiously, I love creating this type of music now even more than I did back when it was more popular; I feel like I'm lighting a tiny little flame, helping us all keep the joy and the love alive inside during these mysterious and difficult times. Today was tough, and I only made about $30, but I'll take my beautiful little traffic island paradise over Rush's millions any day! ;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: July 12, 2008 06:49PM

Even if our efforts of attention seem to be producing
no results, one day a light that is in exact proportion
to them will flood the soul.

Simone Weil

Peace thru music thru the arts
Keep up the good work Kwan play on

Date: July 16, 2008 05:47PM

Cool quote, riverhousebill!

Posted by: Duo ()
Date: July 16, 2008 11:42PM

I hummed 90% of my waking hours while pregnant, very connected with just being. I think your thought is wonderful JoAnne

Date: July 17, 2008 04:19PM

gosh darn riverhousebill

that quote

hit my like a moving freight train

love it!

Date: July 17, 2008 06:54PM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> gosh darn riverhousebill
>
> that quote
>
> hit my like a moving freight train
>
> love it!

MORE POWERFUL THAN A LOCOMOTIVE
Simone Weil 1909-1943
born in her parents apartment a french school teacher, Restistance fighter, `anarchist soldier, factory worker, labor organizer, philospher and mystic

read about this amazing human, she will amaze you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables