Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

cancer research funding
Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 16, 2008 09:52PM

am i helping to enable this "disease" to go on if i contribute to cancer research? my friends are "walking for a cure" and my neice who lost her mom 5 mos ago (my sister) is fundraising.
patty

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: cancer research funding
Posted by: Jose ()
Date: July 16, 2008 10:33PM

I prefer to fundraise for more social charities, such as caring for the old, or integrating kids with disabilities into the wider community, instead of all the medical charities which I don't completely agree with. I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find one that's right for you smiling smiley

Cheers,
J

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: July 16, 2008 11:06PM

Why would you want to support an instiution that has no interest in any cure?

I have seen so many disease charities having barbacues of hot dogs to raise money for there charity.

Most people are brainwashed by some kind of wish washy story.

Date: July 17, 2008 01:38AM

globalresult Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why would you want to support an instiution that
> has no interest in any cure?

because i feel that if i don`t i`m being heartless. my own sister recently dying of cancer and me not contributing to the cause of research for a cure and me knowing that cancer is one of the biggest money makers for dr`s and drug companies just has me torn. i know we could have a "cure" but i know how damn greedy our gvmnt and drug co`s are but most peeps don`t have my perspective so i look cruel and heartless.
patty

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: July 17, 2008 03:13AM

Patty,

Sorry to hear about your loss I to lost a brother to the butchers.

The cure is living a healthy lifestyle.

Should be more fasting facilities in the world.

Instead of giving them money why not use that money and put together a web site or pamphlets on better choices.

Date: July 17, 2008 02:31PM

globalresult Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Patty,
>
> Instead of giving them money why not use that
> money and put together a web site or pamphlets on
> better choices.

thats a good idea
patty

Posted by: Sapphire ()
Date: July 17, 2008 06:19PM

How about this.....

Rather that donating directly to research for cancer, what about donating locally to a survivor group on your sister's behalf. For instance, for breast cancer, you could look into making a donation to a dragon boat team.

That money wouldn't be used for research, but rather to defray the expenses of team, like equipment, boat rental etc. So your money would be going towards people who are actively working to keep themselves healthy through exercise and awareness. And I like to support local causes whenever possible.

There are probably lots of different ways this could be done, depending on your personal goals.

Sapphire

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: July 17, 2008 07:53PM

I dunno guys -- I'm all for taking care of yourself to begin with, eating like we do, alternative health care, etc., but if it weren't for cancer research, they would have biopsied my daughter's tumor and it would have metasticized instead of being taken out cleanly (it had to go because it was pushing on her nerves, and they didn't think it was malignant, but it was. They chose not to biopsy it because, "it's not, but what if it was" and it was). I was at a fundraiser for cancer research a couple of years ago, and the parents were feeding their three year old cancer survivor a hot dog -- I had a huge problem with that. At any rate, my feelings on this one are mixed.

Date: July 17, 2008 08:51PM

Sundancer Wrote:
- At any rate, my feelings on this one are
> mixed.

same here....it`s like a double edged sword ya know?
when they went in to take the lump out of my sister they said it wasn`t cancer. they opened her up and said oh my god and the battle began.
patty

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables