Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Aliens from other planets...
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: July 31, 2008 02:57PM

This is kind of a weird post but I have been thinking about this after reading an article. People have discovered around 350 huge Jupiter and Saturn-like planets relatively close to our own solar system. They are large enough to visibly observe with telescopes. There are very likely smaller planets orbiting them that are too small for us to currently see. This can be deduced from slight movements of the large planets (Doppler Effect) - indicating the gravitational pull of other bodies. Astronomers are on the cusp of having the technology to actually be able to see them. They believe it will happen in 5-10 years. They believe that there are two planets orbiting one of our closest stars that are excellent candidates for supporting life.

The fact that we have found so many planets that are relatively close to us, there are billions of star systems in our galaxy alone, and our galaxy is just one of billions – indicates to me that life outside Earth is widespread. If we find definitive proof of other possible life-supporting planets, which we are apparantly on the cusp of, that seems like a huge leap in the collective consciousness of humans (comparable the discovery that Earth is not the center of the universe). The results of something like this are hard to gage, but what do you suppose it will mean for people collectively? I imagine that it would be very humbling for many. For many people it would also shake the core of old belief systems and open them to new ways of thinking.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Aliens from other planets...
Posted by: brome ()
Date: July 31, 2008 04:40PM

Exactly, all the anthropocentric ideas are falling and the idea that Earth is the only place with life is just another due to fall.

Here's an article from NASA on the hunt for extremofiles, organisms that can live in extreme conditions of heat, cold, acid, alkali, salt, 2 miles underground in solid rock, etc. It is thought that anywhere liquid water can exist, whatever the conditions, life may exist. Mars once had liquid water and some moons around Jupiter and Saturn seem to have liquid water right now.

[science.nasa.gov]

[www.space.com]

[www.space.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 31, 2008 06:55PM

non native entities ( seen or unseen) e.g. from another planet or time in space
have always resided and walked right alongside us

some people have seen them
but most have just "experienced" them
they probably thought they just had a very strange dream

some are benevolent beings
they don't all have the typical "alien" look that you see in the martian movies

some communicate via telepathy
some are helpful

others are like us
they have an investigative spirit and thus end up "investigating" human beings
which may not be so cool for the human being

but , just like humans
these entities shouldn't all be stereotyped

good bad and the downright glorious
all inhabit this realm that is not too visible to everyone

some humans receive "visitations"

sometimes it is not so comfortable at all

sometimes, it is hard to figure out what just happened

anyhow... paranormal experiences have happened to enough people to make a LOT of people take for granted the fact that

something is definetely afoot

Posted by: dewey ()
Date: July 31, 2008 07:30PM

i agree LaV
i definately believe in other lifeforms
good points jose
i`m thinking the masses will be driven mostly by fear and our gvmnt will be on the defensive and cause all sorts of unneeded b.s. trying to control it all
patty

Posted by: globalresult ()
Date: July 31, 2008 09:32PM

Sorry don't believe in aliens.

Date: July 31, 2008 10:29PM

global result - Why not? Out of the hundreds billion stars out there (many very similar to our own sun) isn't it unreasonable to believe our own planet is the only one capable of supporting life? We have also found hundreds of star systems close to our own! Even on Earth life can be found in the most unexpected environments. To me it seems only rational to believe there are aliens out there.

Date: July 31, 2008 11:24PM

Joanne 81,

Who says thier are 100 Billions stars?

We found hundreds of star systems close to our own? Can you provide examples of this?

They say the same thing about the world being billions of years old.

Not likely.

Life is sustainable here I know of no other planet that has this.

I just don't see any proof of this and I think many have conjured it in thier minds.

To me it seems ir-rational to believe in aliens.

It is a waste of time looking into space when we hardly know our own inner space.

Date: July 31, 2008 11:38PM

at the same time how can one be selfish and close minded enough to not believe in the possibility of other life force? it seems completely irrational to me to think of this vast universe and us being the only inhabitants. i do agree however that we need to focus more on our own inner space
patty

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: July 31, 2008 11:44PM

<< Who says thier are 100 Billions stars? >>

Actually, there are around 30 Billion Trillion stars in the known Universe [en.wikipedia.org]

<<We found hundreds of star systems close to our own? Can you provide examples of this? >>

On a clear night in a place with no light pollution, the human eye can see over 5000 stars in the night sky. Powerful telescopes can see billions more. [news.bbc.co.uk]

The earth is very likely around 4.5 billion years old [en.wikipedia.org] and the Universe roughly 14 billion years old.

Cheers,
J

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2008 11:49PM by Jose.

Date: August 01, 2008 12:00AM

nobody has to believe
just be grateful that u haven't "experienced"

sometimes its not too cool

its better that way
other people have experienced unexplicable things

anyhow, the word "aliens" conjure up a lot of things

and it means different things to different people

aliens seem ALIEN to our minds

good

don't believe it

you'll live a better simpler life

in some respects

maybe not in all respects

but in some respects

keep the peace

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: August 01, 2008 12:20AM

I don't believe in America... All I've heard is just stories and I've never been there. The pictures are fabricated to make the world look big. People who quote it as existing are using it as a political alibi to push favorable legislation. PROVE ME WRONG, all you have is words.

If someone is unwilling to believe something, then no evidence will surfice to change their opinion. It is up to everyone to choose their own truths, but one must be ready to analyse contrary opinion objectively or it will just breed ignorance. There is PLENTY of evidence around to support the fact that extra terrestrial life not only exists, but has been on earth for a long time.

You need look no further than a single presentation presented to the public back in 2001, to observe enough corroborating evidence to verify this as a scientific fact. [www.youtube.com]

Of course... they could all be making this up... and America is probably a hoax as well.

Date: August 01, 2008 12:39AM

Here is the article that I mentioned earlier:
[www.msnbc.msn.com]

For me, the contemplation of the cosmos is also the contemplation of inner space. Despite the incomprehensible vastness of our gorgeous universe, I believe that all parts are intimately connected in a beautifully interwoven tapestry. To contemplate its nature is to contemplate my own nature and the nature of existence. I realize that human understanding will always be limited, but what we can measure in our universe is still breathtakingly magnificent.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2008 12:40AM by Joanne81.

Date: August 01, 2008 12:55AM

Joanne81 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here is the article that I mentioned earlier:
> [www.msnbc.msn.com]
>
> For me, the contemplation of the cosmos is also
> the contemplation of inner space. Despite the
> incomprehensible vastness of our gorgeous
> universe, I believe that all parts are intimately
> connected in a beautifully interwoven tapestry.
> To contemplate its nature is to contemplate my own
> nature and the nature of existence. I realize that
> human understanding will always be limited, but
> what we can measure in our universe is still
> breathtakingly magnificent.

joanne this was beautiful and i agree smiling smiley
patty

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 01, 2008 02:41AM

there are some very specific circumstances that allow life to thrive on this planet including an enormous planetary body (jupiter) that draws with it's gravitational force much of the space debris that could otherwise crash right into earth and cause inhabitable conditions. i can't remember where i read this (time i think, or national geographic maybe) years ago about the crazy things that all line up to make advanced life on planet earth possible but at the time scientists were revising their estimate of how many other planets might have a similar set of conditions and the percentage was very low, much lower than ever previously thought. so, while there may very well be other life somewhere out there in the universe it certainly isn't very likely and even less likely that we will ever encounter it.

for sure i think the billions spent on space exploration are a collosal waste when there are millions or ill-cared for people living right here on this planet who could really use the help instead. making this earth that we are already on the best place to live that it can be is incomparably more valuable than knowing that uranus is really only a rock and not a planet at all. i mean, how the hell does that make any difference to anyone? and how much did it cost to determine? a lot. how foolish.

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: August 01, 2008 03:41AM

[for sure i think the billions spent on space exploration are a collosal waste when there are millions or ill-cared for people living right here on this planet who could really use the help instead.]

Today is just agree with Coco day.

Yeah, it's out there, but too far away. And the conditions to be met are so precise and exacting that it's not too many of them. Drake came up with an equation for it. There is probably something. Doubt we'll ever see it.

We need to focus on the here and the now. We have so many problems here that need to be solved first. Space exploration is just nationalism in a cloaked form.

Date: August 01, 2008 04:58AM

I totally agree with the sentiments expressed above. The welfare of people on earth is of far greater concern to us than knowledge of other places. However, the ongoing ignorance of ET interaction with the people of earth has significance in this regard also. The concept of our isolation and the impossability of travel over interstellar distances has been cultivated for the purposes of power and controll, just as the impoverished third world people are of a similar consequence.

I believe that when the majority of our global population start caring for their neighbours, that this veil of deception will lift, and the wisdom and planet sustaining technology which these other races represent will become available.
This perspective is frowned upon and cut to bits by many people who have a lifetime of education that supports its critism, but our education has been guided by the same incentives which keep us burning fossil fuels to the point of self destruction.

We are taught propriety to the current scientific paradigm, and to shun all else. We criticise innovators and fear that which is different. Is it any wonder that alot of people are still unaware of a revolutionary truth such as this. The truth is out there, evolution will make it known.

Date: August 01, 2008 05:27AM

lightform,

Thanks but a waste of time kind of like looking for ghosts.

Serves no purpose the focus should be here not out thier and who knows where?

The ignorance comes in those believing in this alien nonsense.

Date: August 01, 2008 05:43AM

Each to their own global. I hope your way finds you liberty.

Date: August 01, 2008 06:11AM

Lightform,

Wishing you all the best on your searches.

I just see so much time wasted on matters that could be used elsewhere.

More and more should be looking into inner space than outerspace.

This is the real power.

The rest is well you know.

Who really cares what is on Mars?

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: August 01, 2008 07:25AM

I know they are real, they somtimes go by human names, but are not.
the weirdest one I ever saw went by the name Henry Kissenger, so freaky
and scary-

Date: August 01, 2008 09:51AM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2008 09:52AM by la_veronique.

Date: August 01, 2008 09:53AM

i can't see you
but i can feel you

my soul says you are real

the people here
the only manifestations
which are black number 12 ariel letters strung across like strange linear necklaces

this is "proof" to me that human life exists

though humans are more alien to me than aliens

sometimes

smiling smiley

Date: August 01, 2008 02:44PM

la_veronique - You are great.

Posted by: Itzdavey ()
Date: August 01, 2008 04:49PM

We can assume that most planets have a history similarly violent to our own, and that it is unlikely any civilization will be around long enough to overcome the limits of space travel that will be required to make the journey. That thing about light speed is a bitch.

They are surely out there but we won't be seeing them. Sad.

Posted by: Jose ()
Date: August 01, 2008 05:16PM

Probably won't have to go very far to discover alien life forms - Phoenix lander confirms there is water on Mars [www.nasa.gov]

I would imagine life forms are quite common around the Universe, "intelligent" life forms a little less so.

Cheers,
J

Date: August 01, 2008 08:59PM

Hmm... ltzdavey and all the rest, try watching the link I posted above [www.youtube.com] and then see if you wish to deny the possability of ETs reaching earth. The evidence is right before you.

Date: August 01, 2008 10:48PM

Thanks,

Lightform,

A group of people can get together and talk about the existence of the bird flu and other nonsense doesn't mean what they are saying is accurate.

It is like sometimes people want to feel special or something and report something that is an illusion.

The mind/eyes can deceive us.

Nothing personal but little green men hmmmm.

Date: August 01, 2008 11:03PM

globalresult Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> The mind/eyes can deceive us.

or the lack of

> Nothing personal but little green men hmmmm.
who says they look like hollywood portrays them to look like? that`s where we run into trouble....stereotypes.
patty

Date: August 01, 2008 11:49PM

i also bet aliens stereotype humans too

and make fun of how much we fight for every little thing

LOL smiling smiley

the word "alien" just means strange or "foreign"

i could say " hey, this vegetable tastes "alien" to me

alien could also mean "not readily understood"

so.. yeah, i think there are forces working within us as well as external to us
that are not readily understood but are nevertheless in operation

this is stretching the stereotypical connotation of alien

but the definition must be stretched because all things "alien" simply means

"unknown" just like UFO means "unknown"

so... the things that are unknown are of an infinite magnitutde greater than the things that are known

which is why it behooves us to expand the definition of "alien"

to also include notions of time and space

and challenging the linear notions of time and space

as well as what is matter and energy

both are one and the same

one is just a cohesion of the other

Date: August 01, 2008 11:55PM

thus anything is possible

neither

aliens
time OR
space
feel a need to "proove" their own magnitude

its only human beings that demand proof
or try to proove to others

the skeptics are in a kind of royal throne situation

they say " i don't believe"

and an entire battalion of researchers, explorers, scientists, whatever...

rise to the doubter's challenge and do all and everything to try and disprove the non believing royal member

don't do this

stop doing this

if you have experienced something

whether it is scary or beautiful that goes beyond the 3 - D paradigm

keep it to yourself

because it is only real to yourself

if someone else has not experienced it

it is not real to them

why do you try to prove it to those who have not experienced?

this is folly and a waste of your precious time

supernatural phenomena does not demand to be proved

it is only experienced

like falling in love cannot be proved or disproved

only experienced

all the structural confirmations of hormones and chemicals that are released when one falls in love is not really a "proof" that one is in love

it is simply a manifestation of it

the proof is nowhere to be found

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables