Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Recycle your... house?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2008 02:17AM

well, this is sort of interesting

OTTAWA (CBC) - Ashley Mulroney's two-storey, three bedroom Ottawa house isn't for sale - she's giving it away for free.
ADVERTISEMENT

"I'd like to call it my ultimate recycling project. I'd like to see the house get another chance," said Mulroney, who is holding an open house in the Manor Park neighbourhood on Sunday.

On Thursday, she offered CBC reporters a tour of the 1,200 square-foot house, which has white siding, purple shutters and a brick chimney joined to a working fireplace. Inside are hardwood floors, and big windows that overlook stately hardwood trees.

"The view doesn't come with the house, unfortunately," Mulroney said.

In fact, neither do the lot or the basement.

Mulroney is giving away the house because she learned that renovating it to suit her would cost as much as building a new one on the property, so she chose the latter option.

"And I don't think this house belongs in the dumpster. It's got a lot of years of good life left in it."

So Mulroney has listed the house on Fullcircles Ottawa, a recycling website where people can offer used items for free.

Mulroney said she will give the house to the first interested prospective homeowners who can prove they have land to put the house on within 100 kilometres of its current location. They also must be able to afford to move it.

read the rest here:

[ca.news.yahoo.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Recycle your... house?
Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: August 11, 2008 07:56PM

Some lucky duck got a really inexpensive house.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 11, 2008 08:34PM

how crazy is it though that we have the option of moving a perfectly good house so that we can build another one? it's insane when there are people living in mud huts with no shoes or enough food that we can be so utterly self indulgent. blows my mind.

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: August 12, 2008 01:58PM

You are right and people are so dissillusioned they believe that a giant new home will make them happy. They are usually mistaken because happiness is not found in possessions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables