Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Arctic Ice Refuses to Melt as Ordered
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 17, 2008 01:00AM

hehe --

[iceagenow.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Arctic Ice Refuses to Melt as Ordered
Date: August 17, 2008 01:04AM

Global Cooling --

Coldest Juneau July On Record

[www.arh.noaa.gov]

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: August 18, 2008 04:08AM

Hi Lois, your info is frozen, I just got back from Juneau a few minutes ago,
on aug 13 I went through Chatam Strait into Stephen Passage all the way into the `Tracy arm, up to the Glacier. it is 50% smaller this year than last,

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: August 18, 2008 05:08AM

Sounds like a nice trip!

I'm torn whether we are going to have epic flooding caused by the melting of the ice caps, or slip into yet another age of glaciation. If the climate must change I'm hoping for ice.. not all at once though.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: August 21, 2008 07:51PM

Here's up to date observations showing that the ice is melting nearly as fast as last year:

[nsidc.org]

[www.adn.com]

Date: August 21, 2008 11:32PM

That's my fear -- that we'll have an Ice Age. I'd rather be hot than cold, so Global Warming will suit me fine.

Date: August 21, 2008 11:55PM

I think we've had Extreme Weather since May of 2002. That was the date that Planet X was supposed to arrive, and I swear the weather was crazy that month - where I lived in NJ, it rained non-stop and the Delaware River flooded. That's when I started my Survival Kit, and I still have it -- hmmm, probably the batteries are dead by now.

Date: August 22, 2008 12:06AM

Lois Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's my fear -- that we'll have an Ice Age. I'd
> rather be hot than cold, so Global Warming will
> suit me fine.

Will it suit your children and mine? not to much concern on that front on a ``whole.

Posted by: zella ()
Date: August 22, 2008 01:50AM

BURN!

Date: August 22, 2008 02:53AM

zella Wrote:
> BURN!

Hey Zella, know how you feel, but gotta be careful, this is a raw vegan site `uncooked.

Posted by: zella ()
Date: August 22, 2008 05:05AM

hahaha, Bill yer awesome!!!

Date: August 22, 2008 02:43PM

Satellite images show cotinued breakup of two of Greenlands largest Glaciers,
it is predicted disintegration in near future The Petermann and the Jakobshavn
have been coming apart the past few weeks, mabey 1/3 of the Peterman ready to `break away very soon days weeks new large crack this week.
its going faster than all the predictions.
I went to Alaska on the 10 to the 17th, and was shocked at what I saw and heard `from the locals, so much happening so fast.
We are in for change.
so much for orders.

Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: August 28, 2008 05:00PM

"Arctic sea ice melts to 2nd lowest level on record"

[www.nydailynews.com]

[www.usatoday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2008 05:12PM by swimmer.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 29, 2008 03:27PM

Every 100 thousand years, the earth goes into an ice age. This has been going on for a long time. The ice age last 90 thousand years, and then there is 10 thousand years of non-ice age.

Right now we are at the end of the 10thousand years of non ice age. There may be some spots of global warming, but the trend will be to cool. This is because the soil is becoming demineralized, as it has done before every ice age. What happens is the trees and plant use up all the minerals, and the dying of all the plants has an effect on the weather. It takes 90 thousand years of glaciers moving across the soil to remineralize the earth so that plants can thrive again.

All of this is independent of what humans are doing. Certainly before the last ice age, there were not human driving their cars around putting greenhouse gases into the air.

There is a solution to prevent the ice age. The earth can be remineralized by humans, with our modern machines and technology. It would cost a lot of money, and take a lot of people to do it, and probably not be profitable (so forget about private industry doing it), but people can enhance the soils of the forests with rock powder and the tree will start to thrive again.

With regard to greenhouse gases, I learned at the last Vibrant Living Expo last weekend that farm animal production is the number one cause of greenhouse gases, and the number two cause is cooking. So living a raw food lifestyle is helping reduce this problem.

But the soil continues to demineralize, and this is a natural process. And it can be reversed, if people are motivated enough.

Date: August 29, 2008 03:53PM

hurrah for my side-yard compost bin then eh?
i'm still waiting for my friend to bring his horse by to mow my lawn. betcha i'll get some superior "remineralizing" of my soil then! ha ha. at least i'm taking care of my small corner of the earth. mini-minerals r us!

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 02, 2008 01:39AM

Hey Bryan,
(This is the 2nd time tonight I'm praising your knowledge and wary with words-- you must be on a real roll lately!) Your explanation of what's going on with climate change is one of the best I've heard in quite awhile. I, too, believe that we are probably heading into an ice age unless, as you say, we can collectively take measures to stop this process from taking place.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: September 02, 2008 06:29PM

kwan Wrote:
> Hey Bryan,
> (This is the 2nd time tonight I'm praising your
> knowledge and wary with words-- you must be on a
> real roll lately!) Your explanation of what's
> going on with climate change is one of the best
> I've heard in quite awhile. I, too, believe that
> we are probably heading into an ice age unless, as
> you say, we can collectively take measures to stop
> this process from taking place.

Knowledge? I have not seen any evidence suggesting anything like this will occur. But I suppose some folks can move to the equator, some to Canada & we'll let natural selection sort them out. Personally I find the "global warming is a conspiracy" theories some of the strangest of all. Who exactly is benefiting from bribing all the world's scientific organizations to pretend the world is warming?

Not that it's really pretend of course but magical thinkers never let facts get in the way of their theories.

One positive thing about global warming & peak oil is that it will reduce the population of people willingly out of touch with reality. The unfortunate thing is that these types of people will run the world's ecology into the ground before they check off the planet.

Posted by: Joanne81 ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:22PM

I don't understand how people can be in denial about humans contribution to global warming. This is not to say that climate change is not partially a natural phenomenon, but it is hard or me to believe that humans have not exasperated the problem. We have shifted the landscape (and seascape) of this planet to an astonishing degree within the past century alone. Just think of the changes from the industrial revolution, overpopulation, the nuclear age, combustible engines and so much more. In the past century the population has quadrupled and is higher than ever before! The rate of carbons released into the atmosphere is greater than ever before. We have less trees and topsoil than ever before in the history of humanity. How can we pretend that this is untrue? Although we cannot predict all of the ramifications of this planetary shift, we can't deny that the average temperature of the world is rising and that scientists have measured a level of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere as being off the charts. They can literally measure the rates of Co2 in the atmosphere going back millions of years through glacial rings and doesn't take a genius to comprehend the dynamics of the greenhouse effect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2008 07:29PM by Joanne81.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 02, 2008 07:52PM

Hey guys,
I'm not saying I agree 100% with Bryan's assessment, but what I was impressed with was his explanation of the cycles of ice ages that clearly have been a part of earth's history. I knew there was such a thing, and it doesn't get much press. Clearly, mankind is also largely responsible for global warming, and things ARE heating up; I have no doubt of that. Many global waring experts think the earth will get hotter and hotter and reach a tipping point, at which point we will rather rapidly enter another ice age. Chilling... heh.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables